Ad-aware seems to be getting stuck during scan

jaynnie, Mar 20, 3:01am
Ad-aware seems to be getting stuck during scan It gets to "current section - scanning folders (Conditional)"
and the time just keeps going on, yet nothing else happens. Only seems to happen when I do a full scan. But it is showing 8 infections, can I fix those without ending the scan? I tried before but could only completely close the program.

jaynnie, Mar 20, 3:20am
Any ideas at all???

julieandcasper, Mar 20, 3:41am
Some viruses act to prevent your av from working, that could be the problem. If possible, perhaps run an AV from another computer (networked together) or maybe from a program burned to disk? Or there are some scanners available online that work from the web page but as I've never used them I don't know if they will also repair an infected computer...but someone here will know.

charles.j, Mar 20, 3:58am
.... try antivir, spybot and asquared free. those three are the ones i've found most effective when the viruses begin to spawn..

swivel, Mar 20, 4:01am
#1... Ad-awareSE or Ad-aware2007. Try Spy-bot or AVG Aware remover

jaynnie, Mar 20, 4:05am
Thanks everyone I have Ad-aware 2007. Have run spybot but it didn't pick anything up will try some of the other suggestions (not on a networked computer though)

jaguar2007, Mar 20, 7:20am
... I had Adaware 2007 hang like that a few weeks ago on one of our win2K computers yet the other 10 computers finished the scan no problemo

swivel, Mar 20, 7:33am
#1... Another way is to watch it, when it finds the files, stop the scan, then delete what it finds. Then rescan again

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)