Help with Acer Aspire 3100 laptop startup error

Help with Acer Aspire 3100 laptop startup error on startup it says 'Enter primary HDD user password' I'm not familiar with this and I've tried everything I know, F12, Del, F8 etc. Tried removing battery, can't find a re set. Its running windows xp. I'm really stuck on this one.

geek_hoeta, Oct 5, 11:14 pm

Sounds like its got a bios password Did this just suddenly start happening ?

geek_boots0016, Oct 5, 11:36 pm

Not a big deal you can find the CMOS reset jumper
on the motherboard you just have to be brave enough to open your computer

or get hires boot cd and boot off the cd drive and reset the cmos

geek_keegan27, Oct 6, 1:50 am

There isn't alot you can do for this situation Answer 2 & 3 won't work, you either have to find the person who owns the laptop or set the hard drive pass word, or remove the hdd and put it in an enclosure or adapter so you can access it on another pc, then you will need a program to try hack or decipher the pass word thats been put in place, or with a bit of luck guess it & you would probably have greater luck winning the lotto poweball. Or you could just go buy another drive and reinstall every thing again, but don't set any pass word on it unless you write it down and put it some where safe.

geek_got2bin2win, Oct 6, 11:29 am

Dunno how it happened, my niece gave it to me to fix, I thik I'll do the cmos battery then go buy a lotto ticket. all advice appreciated ta

geek_hoeta, Oct 7, 1:56 am

MY PROBLEMS "PXE-E61 MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE PXE-MOF EXITING PXE ROM OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND. I HAVE REPLACED THE HD AND STILL GET THE SAME MESSAGE...ANY CLUES...?

geek_guest, Feb 26, 9:55 am

i to have a acer 3100 hdd password locked seems someone would know how acer does it i have worked on kaptops even build them battary remove will not work pay hundred dollars please help if i could find out i would put it on a website for the world to see thank you for any help

geek_chad_g, Apr 25, 7:03 am