Is the D-link DSL-G604T a ADSL 2+ modem?

Is the D-link DSL-G604T a ADSL 2+ modem? Is the D-link DSL-G604T a ADSL 2+ modem? ADSL 2+ is available in our area and wondering if this modem is capable of ADSL 2+?

geek_ifusion, Oct 8, 3:36 pm

yes.

geek_kingzzz, Oct 8, 3:43 pm

It depends on how old it is. The gen II versions are, but the older versions aren't.

geek_spyware, Oct 8, 3:46 pm

Oh ok, I think we may have the old one because it just says "Wireless ADSL Router" on the side. No ADSL 2+ anywhere on it. Plus internet speeds are still the same as before: http://www.speedtest.net/result/335436213.png

geek_ifusion, Oct 8, 3:48 pm

http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/

find your modem in the drop down list, then in the menu tree there is adsl2+ support. you can download new firmware to upgrade to support adsl2+.

geek_kingzzz, Oct 8, 3:54 pm

Cheers kingzzz but what about the warning at the bottom:
NOTE: This firmware is only suitable for modems/routers distributed in
Australia. If you bought your router outside Australia or New Zealand
the firmware upgrade may damage your router and void the Warranty.

geek_ifusion, Oct 8, 4:00 pm

Ooh goody! Mine is a g604T/AU...gonna try upgrading tonight!

geek_sirfer, Oct 8, 8:10 pm

RE it is outside of Australia or New Zealand.......do you live somewhere else ? the firmware update is for your model just make sure you get the firmware for your series of router.

geek_madazu, Oct 8, 9:20 pm

Upgraded firmware and nothing special happened.. Guess my one is toooooo old, which is odd cuz the guy I bought it from on TM said it was adsl2 capable...bought in 2006 so I have my doubts

geek_sirfer, Oct 9, 11:18 am

Your speed indicates that your plan is 128 kbps upstream. This plan is NOT compatible with adsl2+ as upstream speed limits downstream speed to well below adsl/adsl2+ capability. Given your downstream speed your current downstream attenuation maybe too high for any noticeable increase in speed anyway (apart from the crappy router and plan). Please log onto router and post attenuation and noise margin numbers.

geek_spyware, Oct 9, 3:51 pm

Line attenuation is 10 upstream and 6 downstream...upstream speeds are supposed to be uncapped by November(?) so we will see ay? It's not like I'm gonna buy a new router over it anyway....thanks for the heads-up spyware...

geek_sirfer, Oct 9, 4:14 pm

Where do I find noise margin numbers? ARe they called something else? Aha SNR = Signal to Noise Ratio I'm guessing...SNR Margin = 18dB downstream and 40dB upstream

geek_sirfer, Oct 9, 4:18 pm

Sirfer What Version is yours ?? v.B3 is adsl2+

geek_swivel, Oct 9, 4:38 pm

It is a V.A3...it'll be interesting to see what happens when upload cap is dropped...having said that, after installing new firmware, it runs a lot better . Debian used to take a few goes to detect it and now it succeeds right away

geek_sirfer, Oct 9, 6:09 pm

I upgrade my G604t with the new firmware but the first generation G604T has a hardware cap. It wont download faster than 6.5 mb/s. Now I have bought a new modem I get 13.5 mb/s (using speedtest.net).
I live about 1km from a cabinet.

geek_guest, May 14, 12:59 pm

how do I find the passport number on this ADSL router??

geek_anthony, Jun 2, 11:47 am

My version is DSL-G604T V.A1...
The firmware versions are as follows:
ADSL Firmware Version: 4.03.03.00 - 3.02.00.03 - 3.02.06.00 Annex A - 01.07.02 - 0.49
ADSL Software Version: V2.00B01T01.EU.20050609

Is it ADSL 2+ ?
Please help.

geek_dk, Jul 14, 8:08 am