I'm running Mac OS X 10.5 on my Toshiba Laptop!

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5 on my Toshiba Laptop! And it runs like a dream. I dont want to go back to Windows!

geek_possum888, Oct 11, 10:52 am

Nice what version did you install? kalyway, iatkos, boot-132, ideneb?

geek_gazzanova69, Oct 11, 11:01 am

how did you do it? i'm intrigued

geek_charles.j, Oct 11, 11:49 am

Just read a post about this in general Something about 'Kalyway'. Does this OS need to be installed on PC or can it run from a cd like Ubuntu can?

geek_cherise11, Oct 11, 12:10 pm

If it can run from a cd I'd be keen to try it!

geek_julieandcasper, Oct 11, 1:30 pm

A live dvd, what like this http://is.gd/3RC3

geek_gazzanova69, Oct 11, 2:01 pm

Yes its Kalyway All you need to do is burn the ISO to a DVD then run it. After you install it, a Darwin bootloader will come up and after 5 seconds it will boot Mac!

geek_possum888, Oct 11, 2:50 pm

Cool! Thanks for the info. :)

geek_julieandcasper, Oct 11, 3:40 pm

It can't be that easy! What system requirement does it need and does it need its own partition etc (sorry I'm just abit dumb)? In other words 'Please point me to a good guide', thanks.

geek_cherise11, Oct 11, 4:33 pm

Http://lifehacker.com/348653/install-os-x-on-your- .

geek_possum888, Oct 11, 6:36 pm

Whoops! http://tinyurl.com/2oznsk

geek_possum888, Oct 11, 6:38 pm

If you are going to run a hacky go to insanelymac or hackinto0sh and read up on doing a retail install. The probem with the pre-hacked distros is that you don't know which kexts have been modified or which patches applied. Doing it from a retail leopard DVD, and then doing the changes yourself, takes a little bit more effort, but, when that software update from apple borks a part of your os, you wlll know which bits need editing to get it running again. MY 2c anyway. BTW, you guys party like it's 2006 ;-)

geek_ashley105y, Oct 11, 11:03 pm

P.s. that lifehacker article linked above is REALLY out of date. www.insanelymac.com join that site and look at the forums. There is plenty of tutes there.

geek_ashley105y, Oct 11, 11:06 pm

Way too complicated and too much messing around. I just wanted to see what it was like, lol. :)

geek_julieandcasper, Oct 12, 7:45 am

It's just the same as OSX on your mac, with device compatibility of Linuxi.e. good if you don't mind jumping into terminal and editing the odd plist. As previous poster said, those installing from "pre-rolled" distros tend to come crying on the forums when software update trashes their install.

geek_osymandias, Oct 12, 12:01 pm