Oky doky i have another question please..

Oky doky i have another question please.. in word 07, part of my assignment is to group 2 graphics of clip art together. I have tried the instructions that the polytech has given, i also have tried the microsoft online help.I can get as far as selecting the 2 graphics and no matter what i do the group button is shaded so i cannot select it...anyone know what i could be doing wrong?

geek_little_jeb, Mar 8, 3:04 pm

Shift left-click on each, then group.

geek_sarfas, Mar 8, 3:07 pm

No it didnt work the instructions say they have to be a drawing file - is a wmf file a drawing file?

geek_little_jeb, Mar 8, 3:20 pm

What a horrible blimmin' program No wonder I stick to publisher.
http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Word-2007-group-pictures-shapes-textbox-ftopict916972.html
Third post down explains the problems. I'm having a muck around with it myself now out of curiosity and his suggestions work.

geek_julieandcasper, Mar 8, 3:46 pm

The one about using the canvas is effective. Select the Insert tab, select Shapes, and click on New Drawing Canvas. Insert the pictures into the Drawing Canvas. Drag the pictures out of the Drawing Canvas, and delete the Drawing Canvas. Then you can select them both and the group button turns up as you would expect it to in the right click menu.

geek_julieandcasper, Mar 8, 3:56 pm

Well done Julieandcasper!! i will try and remember that nice little trick.

geek__sexylady_, Mar 8, 4:14 pm

Yippee yippee yippee it worked...xoxoxoxox...thanks so much

geek_little_jeb, Mar 8, 8:02 pm