lcd monitor power adapter

Lcd monitor power adapter ...Neso LD530 LCD monitor. The writing beside the power plug socket reads...100~240V, 60/50Hz, 1A. But I see people selling 5A power adapters with this monitor listed. Does it use 5A better than 1A or would it blow up...? Which power adapter should I use with this monitor?

geek_olack, Nov 21, 9:57 am

The amperage figure is the max it can supply, if it requires 1A it will only draw that much

geek_kevin16, Nov 21, 9:59 am

So the monitor needs only 1A of power? ...

geek_olack, Nov 21, 10:10 am

The 1A refers to the 230 VAC side of the supply. The output of the power supply is most likely direct current (DC) and will have a higher amperage due to lower voltage on output. Without knowing what the output voltage is then I cannot advise what supply to use.

geek_spyware, Nov 21, 10:17 am

You say the monitor will draw only 1A of power because that is all the power it will use. This does not sound right...could I safely use a power adapter that outputs 5A?

geek_olack, Nov 21, 10:18 am

Google returns 12 VDC 5A (60W) supply required. The 1A current rating refers to the 230 VAC side (input) of supply only.

geek_spyware, Nov 21, 10:20 am

Obviously the amperage on the AC side will be lower than the DC side because the AC input voltage is vastly greater. Volts x current = watts.

geek_spyware, Nov 21, 10:24 am

Thank you spyware, ...

geek_olack, Nov 21, 10:31 am

If the power plug reads AC input does that mean ...it plugs straight into the wall power? I see the adapters that match the specifications of the googled adapter for this model have a single round power plug but this monitor has a 3 pin power plug socket. Trying to get to the Neso website is a bit tricky with the redirecting that goes on. I have to wait for email response from the Neso support. That redirecting to support and downloads that lead to search engines is rather frustrating ! It leads away from the manufacturers website.

geek_olack, Nov 21, 10:56 am

ACis your plug-in-wall, standard nz outlet. AC is 240v. If it was a battery or something to output would be DC, direct current opposite to alternating current. "if the power plug reads AC input does that mean
...it plugs straight into the wall power? " so yes!

geek_pixma, Nov 21, 11:04 am

If the monitor Is rated at 1amp then that is all it will draw.The 1a rating can sometimes relate to the adaptor plug shape and size.IE A 5a could be used for 1a but not vice versa.

geek_gary06, Nov 21, 11:23 am

This monitor definitely have to use a power adapter, a 60W 12V 5A adapter spyware posted. I began looking for information at Neso but some redirect takes me to a search engine and you do not find Nesp theough the search engine...actually Neso is Neso Technologies Inc but once clicking support or products up comes the hacked redirection diversion...hate them...lol...

geek_olack, Nov 21, 12:12 pm

I left a word and the question mark ...out of the post above......I was hoping someone would confirm the particular power adapter is vital for that monitor.

geek_olack, Nov 21, 12:19 pm

Just use any 12VDC adapter that can provide 4 or 5 amps, no big deal.

geek_poohy99, Nov 21, 12:53 pm