Access to Laptop

Access to Laptop I have a Toshiba Satelite Laptop from my Brothers Estate, the problem is trying to access but do not no the PIN. Have taken it to a couple of authorised technicians they removed/replace batteries hopeing to reset it. Any Bright Idea's?

geek_cowcop, Nov 30, 11:15 am

If it's a Boot Password Take it to a Registered Toshiba Tech, If it's a User Password (E.G. OS) then any Good tech should remove it.

geek_swivel, Nov 30, 11:21 am

If its a windows password and you cant access a admin account then you'll have to brute force it by dumping the sam file and cracking the hash using tools like lophtcrack but any techie that knows a thing or two can remove the password

geek_hellfx, Nov 30, 11:25 am

But my idea is only anygood if you want to see the password, otherwise like said just take it to a techie

geek_hellfx, Nov 30, 11:26 am

If it's a bios password, here: http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2006/02/10/remove-clear-toshiba-laptop-bios/ If it's a windows password, d/l and run this: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ Most techs should know this.

geek_hakatere1, Nov 30, 11:38 am

What model is it satellite ?? If its a power on pass word not hard to clear, if it has a hdd pass word that's a lot more involved.

geek_got2bin2win, Nov 30, 11:54 am

Access to Laptop Thanks a lot for the advice, yeah i thort technicians r the Pros. everytime i switch it on thats the first thing that pops up? PASSWORD

geek_cowcop, Nov 30, 12:50 pm

Not everyone that charges money is a pro. That's an easy job what ever sort of password it isfind another tech.

geek_mechnificent, Nov 30, 1:40 pm

Toshi Satellites use a high strength encryption They used to advertise it as a military grade bios level protection. Places like The Laptop Company (or another certified Toshiba service agent) will be able to assist breaking it open.

geek_wogadopolous, Nov 30, 1:59 pm

Pa, I have and fix toshibas and they are no different to any other computer with a password on them. We can wipe the password mechanicaly or with software, or hack it and replace it or read it.

geek_mechnificent, Nov 30, 2:04 pm

Well if you gave us what model it was.. I would of told you how easy it is to remove the password, I have done lots of Toshiba's.

geek_got2bin2win, Nov 30, 3:19 pm

Yup, even late model laptops with bios password can by circumvented in a few steps.

geek_mechnificent, Nov 30, 3:26 pm

Access to Laptop Hi got2bin2win im gonna pick it up and will let u no the model

geek_cowcop, Dec 1, 10:16 pm

Toshiba's - you make a "key" diskette using a hex editor, this is easier than the hardware dongle method. But your model might be different...

geek_gyrogearloose, Dec 1, 10:34 pm

Depending on model A lot of earlier model Toshiba's can have the password wiped by a simple device that plugs into the printer port.I have one and it is very easy to do takes 1 Minute.depends on Model

geek_bmill, Dec 1, 10:43 pm

Passwords are wiped by using a dongle. I made one up from instructions from the net. Use Google. Its all over in about 20 seconds and works great.

geek_shands, Dec 2, 4:24 pm

that method only works if the lap top has the serial plug, most later models don't have one or a floppy drive.

geek_got2bin2win, Dec 2, 4:39 pm

What about that cd I downloaded that cracks passwords from boot...pmsio.

geek_olack, Dec 2, 7:41 pm

hasn't got to the boot stage yet its the power on password.

geek_got2bin2win, Dec 2, 7:47 pm