MS Excell help please

MS Excell help please Have searched myself first but still can't find answer.
How do I insert a formula to calculate changing values for a column? E.g Column H4 =(sum e4*g4) gives the answer for one cell but how do I apply that formula down the entire E and G rows please? TIA.

geek_ponyboy, Jan 1, 3:19 pm

Select the cell with the formula in it and drag it down. It'll fill the other cells and adjust the values so they increment with each cell (as long as you haven't used absolute cell references).

geek_dunedin_ree, Jan 1, 3:22 pm

You're a legend cheers

geek_ponyboy, Jan 1, 3:26 pm

No problem and happy new year :)

geek_dunedin_ree, Jan 1, 3:27 pm

You too my friend should be outside fencing but its too bloody hot

geek_ponyboy, Jan 1, 3:31 pm

By the way if you have a really long column, there's a shortcut. Scroll down to the last row in the column and put a fullstop in the column where you want to stop filling. Then go back to the top, click once on the cell with the eqn in it, then go Shift-Control-Downarrow. Should fill automatically down to the fullstop. (I'm pretty sure it's that, I don't have Excel on this comp).

geek_dunedin_ree, Jan 1, 3:34 pm

uggh, been there, horrible job =[ sombrero /on (O)

geek_0800xford, Jan 1, 3:34 pm

Here's an excel formula chart. http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/index.php

geek_happyo50, Jan 1, 4:41 pm

Thanks Happy Good link. I found the 2 dimensional lookup that I had been looking for. I knew there would be a way to do it but couldn't find how.

geek_pdh, Jan 1, 10:07 pm