ipod expert needed!

terry1940, Jan 2, 7:49am
Ipod expert needed! I have a gift of an "apple mp4 ipod" I have searched apple.com for the details of the model to no avail! I am beginning wonder if it is chinese copy of the later! would there be such things??

pixma, Jan 2, 7:50am
Sound's like a Chinese knockoff.

dunedin_ree, Jan 2, 7:56am
Take a pic and post it. I would be very surprised if "iPod" or "Apple" would be on the packaging!

puddleduck00, Jan 2, 7:56am
It does indeedno such thing. There's not that many models of ipods..ipod mini,ipod photo, ipod nano, ipod shuffle, ipod classic, ipod touch, etc.. no such thing as ipod mp4.

terry1940, Jan 2, 8:01am
!!!! This has apple logo and ipod on front and mp4 on back of s/s case!!

smithy66, Jan 2, 8:03am
Definitely a knock-off none of the 'Genuine' iPods have 'MP4' written on them.

pixma, Jan 2, 8:04am
POST A PICTURE, please terry. I'd like to see this "ipod"

gibler, Jan 2, 8:04am
Does it have an apple serial number? ..bah those chinese even make ripoff drugs, so a few mp3 players is no big deal.

terry1940, Jan 2, 8:08am
sorry I have no camera with me! It looks exactly like ipod classic! except that the click disc on front has no "menu" at top! MUST be a copy It works ok but of course I cannot download anything as pc will not recogise it!!! Ah well!

pixma, Jan 2, 8:21am
That's a shame would have liked to see what our Chinese friend's had been copying. Did it come with a driver CD? It should be plug-and-play. Go into my computer, is it in there?

puddleduck00, Jan 2, 8:25am
Yeah i'm curious too, i've never seen one with an apple logo. That's funny...stink for though...

pixma, Jan 2, 8:26am
It should still work though. I just brought a 512mb silver little chinese knock-off one, good for listening to music around the garage and garden.

osymandias, Jan 2, 10:15am
Easiest way to tell if it's original is to see if iTunes recognises it.

mizp, Jan 2, 8:55pm
Just a thought - but I had to update to the very latest itunes in order to get it to see my son's new nano, I use the old first version with my ipod but it wouldn't see his. If you aren't using the latest v8 itunes, it could be worth a go.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)