ipod expert needed!

Ipod expert needed! I have a gift of an "apple mp4 ipod" I have searched apple.com for the details of the model to no avail! I am beginning wonder if it is chinese copy of the later! would there be such things??

geek_terry1940, Jan 2, 8:49 pm

Sound's like a Chinese knockoff.

geek_pixma, Jan 2, 8:50 pm

Take a pic and post it. I would be very surprised if "iPod" or "Apple" would be on the packaging!

geek_dunedin_ree, Jan 2, 8:56 pm

It does indeedno such thing. There's not that many models of ipods..ipod mini,ipod photo, ipod nano, ipod shuffle, ipod classic, ipod touch, etc.. no such thing as ipod mp4.

geek_puddleduck00, Jan 2, 8:56 pm

!!!! This has apple logo and ipod on front and mp4 on back of s/s case!!

geek_terry1940, Jan 2, 9:01 pm

Definitely a knock-off none of the 'Genuine' iPods have 'MP4' written on them.

geek_smithy66, Jan 2, 9:03 pm

POST A PICTURE, please terry. I'd like to see this "ipod"

geek_pixma, Jan 2, 9:04 pm

Does it have an apple serial number? ..bah those chinese even make ripoff drugs, so a few mp3 players is no big deal.

geek_gibler, Jan 2, 9:04 pm

sorry I have no camera with me! It looks exactly like ipod classic! except that the click disc on front has no "menu" at top! MUST be a copy It works ok but of course I cannot download anything as pc will not recogise it!!! Ah well!

geek_terry1940, Jan 2, 9:08 pm

That's a shame would have liked to see what our Chinese friend's had been copying. Did it come with a driver CD? It should be plug-and-play. Go into my computer, is it in there?

geek_pixma, Jan 2, 9:21 pm

Yeah i'm curious too, i've never seen one with an apple logo. That's funny...stink for though...

geek_puddleduck00, Jan 2, 9:25 pm

It should still work though. I just brought a 512mb silver little chinese knock-off one, good for listening to music around the garage and garden.

geek_pixma, Jan 2, 9:26 pm

Easiest way to tell if it's original is to see if iTunes recognises it.

geek_osymandias, Jan 2, 11:15 pm

Just a thought - but I had to update to the very latest itunes in order to get it to see my son's new nano, I use the old first version with my ipod but it wouldn't see his. If you aren't using the latest v8 itunes, it could be worth a go.

geek_mizp, Jan 3, 9:55 am