Computer training - where do I go

Computer training - where do I go I would love some advise. I would like to get some papers but am unsure of which route to follow. I want to train to become a pc repair person both in hardware of software. Where do I start? Looked at Level 2 in PC Skills but it's very basic and would like to do more technical training. Can anyone give me some advise as to where I start? I'd prefer distance learning as I'm a mum of 3 very active gymnasts who take up most of my time. I do know a bit about repairs and software and diagnosing problems and repairing them. I use the internet all the time when I get stuck and know the basics. Have worked in a repair person role (really mostly basic repairs - replacing parts, virus removal, and other problems that arise) for a few years as well as IT department in my previous job. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

geek_angelzw, Jan 3, 12:56 pm

Avonmore tertiary academy are quite good I did level 5 diploma there in tauranga I think they have a campus down there

geek_holdon, Jan 3, 12:59 pm

Sorry missed the part of you would prefer distance learning. Try learningpost if they still around

geek_holdon, Jan 3, 1:04 pm

You have to attend Avonmore & it costs $$$ I've done everything there,now I'm
looking at Tech again for programming
& Software Engineering.This year!

geek_deodar, Jan 3, 1:07 pm

Any distance learning options would be best suited. I can't attend full time courses :( I spend 6 days a week in town due to gymnastics for 3 kids, and work four nights a week. Time is not my friend I'm afraid.

geek_angelzw, Jan 3, 1:30 pm

MS Exams Well if you can raise the money try doing the MSCE or either MSCA exams. I have been in the IT industry for over 10 yrs and cant find a job because employers want these bits of paper.

geek_tech-link, Jan 3, 11:23 pm

Http://www.northland.ac.nz/courses.asp?pageid=658 Thats my local,Christchurch will have
whats a national certificate online.
You say (in your profile)you want to
be a computer tech,you have to do A+
& it's not on line,nor are Tech Courses.But you can read it all at
home,on line or get the texts.I got
heaps at a garage sale for $1 each,
my A+ texts at Avonmore were $100.ea.
Once you know your stuff you can sit
the exams at Tech.Pay per paper.

geek_deodar, Jan 4, 1:57 am