PSU howl and whine - need to replace

PSU howl and whine - need to replace I've had enough 'background noise' Suggestions on a replacaement (desktop/tower case) quiet psu most appreciated.

geek_asmawa1, Jan 3, 6:05 pm

*sigh* What power requirements does your desktop require?

geek_lostdude, Jan 3, 6:06 pm

*sigh* If you read my post I am trying to find a ** QUIET ** psu. 600/650 watts or more - who knows, but I am trying for quiet!

geek_asmawa1, Jan 3, 6:18 pm

I just oil inside the fan don't touch any other parts inside the PSU - can be a killer (not joking)

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 3, 6:19 pm

*sigh* yeah, forgot to polish my crystal ball since everyone knew you required a ~600-650watt PSU.

geek_lostdude, Jan 3, 6:22 pm

I am asking for advice on quiet psu units The capacity is irrelevant to the question - suggest you look down the porcelain bowl instaed of a crystal ball!

geek_asmawa1, Jan 3, 6:26 pm

Enermax Modu82+ 625W See review here: http://tr.im/2v5n

I have one of these and it's lovely. Not cheap, but quality.

geek_drsr, Jan 3, 6:29 pm

*sigh* learn to provide the right info so you can get a proper relevant recommendation. Just asking for 'quiet' can get hundreds of recommendations. Guess you think you're right with your idiotic POV.

geek_lostdude, Jan 3, 6:35 pm

Thanks .

geek_asmawa1, Jan 3, 6:39 pm

In which case I reccommend a 0 Watt unit. They're damn quiet. Much quieter than the Enermax model above. They have to be custom made though, but are pretty cheap. I'd guess about $10

geek_evoeater, Jan 3, 7:46 pm

# 11 Nothing constructive to say - but couldn't help yourself from making a mess on the floor.

geek_asmawa1, Jan 3, 8:15 pm

What's wrong with my answer? Going by your requirements it's perfectly suitable

geek_evoeater, Jan 3, 8:18 pm

Silence is a virtue.

geek_lostdude, Jan 3, 8:34 pm

Always thought that was knowledge my self.

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Jan 3, 8:44 pm

Actually there are 7 virtues: Chastity, Temperance, Charity, Diligence, Patience, Kindness & Humility. Silence should be the eighth.

geek_lostdude, Jan 3, 8:51 pm

Somone must be on the rag there's nothing wrong with 's response, recommend a 250w PSU and you'd have power/performance issues, gotta be informative if you want help, and respectful if you want a serious answer

geek_kane199, Jan 3, 10:23 pm

Check out recommendations from silentpcreview.com - under recommended PSUs

geek_umegaoka, Jan 4, 12:52 pm

Then check out what jonnyguru.com had to say on the PSU from a quality perspective...

geek_umegaoka, Jan 4, 12:56 pm

Share this thread