itunes help me!! Please

Itunes help me!! Please Ive tried loading itunes to my computer and when i click on it to start it up all i get is this error message.

'the folder itunes cannot be found or created, and is required. The default location for this folder is inside the music folder.'

Can Anyone please help.

geek_1bud, Jan 4, 7:07 pm

Error messages are really useful because if you put them in google with quote marks around them you'll get some helpful info. Like this thread: http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12125

geek_dunedin_ree, Jan 4, 7:10 pm

Bump stick to one thread ...

geek_dunedin_ree, Jan 4, 7:12 pm

Thanks ree Ive tried all that page already, spent the last three hours on it. Problem is that i think that page is US and most people are on MAC and other operating systems and all their ideas that i have tried jus dont work. I nearly about to restore computer to factory settings. Im at witts end. :-)

geek_1bud, Jan 4, 7:19 pm

Those suggestions are all for Windows (Macs don't have a registry, or a C: drive). Did you try deleting the folder and doing the regedit?

geek_dunedin_ree, Jan 4, 7:21 pm

Delete itunes or one of the folders ?

geek_1bud, Jan 4, 7:24 pm

Read the thread the most successful suggestion seems to be this: In XP, iTunes creates a registry key Win2KMyMusicFolder with a data value of "My Music", that in some cases, iTunes is not able to correctly identify.

Go to Start ---Run ---regedit ----Edit ---Find----Win2KMyMusicFolder and modify the value "My Music" for your complete data path i.e. (C:\Documents and Settings\majofa\My Documents\My Music

geek_dunedin_ree, Jan 4, 7:26 pm

Thanks ree That not work either. Ill just have to give up, Thanks, i wont take up any more of your time

geek_1bud, Jan 4, 7:35 pm

I GOT IT!!!! YAY!!! It was on that page all along.hkey_current_user - software - microsoft - windows - current version - explorer - shell folders
I tried that one and it worked, I am soooo happy. Thanks. It was the only other one i couldnt understand.

geek_1bud, Jan 4, 7:41 pm