STOP making linux threads

STOP making linux threads too many people are "getting it" its our little secret we dont want more users.

geek_seriouslycgi, Jan 5, 2:42 pm

30million odd to many for ya:o) ..

geek_fred68, Jan 5, 2:46 pm

After years of your smug postings about linux to help inflate your superiority complex, I now have to put up with your whining about it? Take it to General, I'm sure most of them will still be using Windows.

geek_cybertao, Jan 5, 2:46 pm

Don't worry, Less than one percent of people use Linux so there is not much chance that you are going to get sick of the Linux thread's soon...Unless the Linux geek's get bored.

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 2:54 pm

OMGSTFUABOUTMARKETSHAREPIXMAKTHX

geek_rhys.m, Jan 5, 2:56 pm

Oh sorry, Fact's don't matter. You get back to fairy world now.

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 2:58 pm

You'll see, pixma. It's happening slowly, but eventually our 1960's technology will take over the world. You will either be assimilated, or processed into thermal paste and wire insulation.

geek_cybertao, Jan 5, 2:59 pm

*shaking* Arrr, I'm scared of the.....whole.....mighty.....less....than...one....%.......They're coming! pffft

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 3:01 pm

But how many people is one %? .

geek_d_family, Jan 5, 3:55 pm

You're on broadband? What does your router run?

geek_little_egypt, Jan 5, 3:56 pm

You again? Probably a nice round figure that sound's big but when you look at the big picture, 1% is absolutely positively nothing.

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 3:57 pm

We are talking about OS's for PC's not software that a router runs on .

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 3:58 pm

No, YOU'RE talking about OSs for PCs We're talking about linux. You can't expect the other kiddies to keep playing with you if you keep changing the rules so you win.

geek_cybertao, Jan 5, 4:02 pm

"changing the rules so you win" haha Sorry, I would have thought people would assume that I was referring to OS's when I posted the stats. I shall never assume everybody has common sense again.

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 4:05 pm

See? You're such a bad sport. no wonder nobody likes you.

geek_cybertao, Jan 5, 4:10 pm

Bad sport getting all upset now? I have plenty of people that like me, fortunately you are not one of them. Don't an idiot and pick your toys up.

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 4:14 pm

Why would I be upset by you? I have a far thicker skin against trolls than that. I pay about as much attention to your loyalty to Microsoft as I do ruby with Sony.

geek_cybertao, Jan 5, 4:21 pm

Franky, I don't care if you care about my loyalty to anything. Stop being a little bitch and grow up. duh

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 4:33 pm

I love how you mistakingly think that you're the example of maturity.

geek_cybertao, Jan 5, 4:56 pm

Why is it ??? That Linux users are much more helpful and seem to have a real good sense of humor.

geek_pcfix4u, Jan 5, 4:57 pm

Eaten a dictionary lately?! Sure sound's like it!

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 5:01 pm

Pixma can you show us where you get these stats from? i heard that 1% was from browser hits on websites. a little unfair when alot of websites wont work unless you use ie. microsoft sells novell linux, microsoft use bsd and linux webservers. why arent they using microsoft on the same seervers?

geek_seriouslycgi, Jan 5, 5:15 pm

Try google, depend's which site you look at! http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 5:19 pm

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=operating+system+stats&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 5:20 pm

Had to go out The point I was about to make; linux has about a 1% share of home desktops sure. It's got a slightly better share of enterprise desktops. It has about a 33% share on servers. It has about a 99% share on embedded devices. When's the last time you saw a DSL router, wireless access point, network camera, IP phone or even a PVR that ran Windows?

geek_little_egypt, Jan 5, 5:57 pm

If market share were any real indication of quality then you should be using Internet Explorer as your browser and Xtra for your broadband connection :P

geek_rhys.m, Jan 5, 6:16 pm

Sorry to say quite a few IP phones now run windows..

geek_fred68, Jan 5, 6:46 pm

PixMa anyone would think You work for Microsofteven at a average of 3.8% of Desktop OS's it is still higher than the 1% you keep on going on and on and on about..

geek_fred68, Jan 5, 6:51 pm

I know what you're getting at. I'm not talking router, pda's etc though.

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 6:51 pm

Why PixMa.. Is that your argument is floored. The calculations should be based on percentage of all Operations systems no mater what device it runs, many PDA/Phones etc have more processing power that a good number of computers...

geek_fred68, Jan 5, 6:59 pm

Microsoft sells novell linux Thats because they have a big share of it (38% share holder I believe). MS has been in with Unix for years. But I have to admit I like reading the treads as you can get some good pointers (and have over 25 linux versions at the shop for free distribution). The one thing Linux users have in common is they can't spell Microsoft. Always Microscum or something else LOL

geek_swivel, Jan 5, 7:01 pm

PS a router is a computer, so the os it's running would count as a computer OS; if we are being pedantic. Hey Pixma, more people drive Toyotas than (say) Mercedes-Benz, doesn't mean they are better cars. If you REALLY want to be in a place where everyone uses the same pos, might I suggest emigration to North Korea. Who cares about market share, most people are too ignorant to even know there's a better alternative. Read some of the help requests here, a bulk of the population don't seem to know the difference between a browser and OS. Look at the technical differences, windows is a drm'd to death bloatware. But, if you hack it and remove half of it's components, it's pretty good for playing games.

geek_osymandias, Jan 5, 7:18 pm

Just don't emigrate to china The government there is seriously considering switching everyone to "Red Flag Linux" to get Microsoft off their back, and solve the huge problem of malware spread by all those unpatched, unmaintained, pirated windows installs.

geek_little_egypt, Jan 5, 7:21 pm

NOno

geek_pcfix4u, Jan 5, 7:37 pm

Of coure if they did That'd take 'Linux on the desktop' to about a 25% market share overnight ;)

geek_little_egypt, Jan 5, 7:42 pm

Little_egypt "spread by all those unpatched, unmaintained, pirated windows installs" True. But if they were legal copies, it wouldn't happen, So thanks for the MS support

geek_swivel, Jan 5, 8:06 pm

Yeah, that's a dumb move by Microsoft. There are a *lot* of pirated versions of Windows in the wild. By not letting those boxes get patched, it allows creation of bot networks that can attack owners of legit versions(who might not update, or update regularly). And when the people with pirated copies have their system die from rot, they download another pirated version that have the updates rolled into them. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, but it's well known that security isn't a priority in Microsoft's business plan.

geek_cybertao, Jan 5, 8:13 pm

Pixma is a fag...Mr 90% we call him as in "Almost there" LOLz..90% is the rate at which MS force OEMs to install their OS...as for what goes on after the sale is made no one knows. I have 5 computers here at the moment and one windows install amongst them which I'm using now as a matter of fact, but the truth is after about an hour of using MS crapware, I revert to some kind of Linux. It just seems nicer and friendlier, and you never get endless pop-ups reminding you of crap you don't care about.

geek_sirfer, Jan 5, 8:14 pm

do you really believe that? I had a legal copy of XP pro in here recently and it was custard due to multiple malware infections. I don't see MS providing any inbuilt security mechanisms worth a damn.

geek_sirfer, Jan 5, 8:17 pm

Lets see An OS that *assumes* you're gonna be on a network, is free and updated more often than most people change their underwear, vs an OS built by a company that *assumed* the internet would never become popular (wtf were they thinking, if anything) and is the target of more malware than anything in the history of computing hmmm...tough choice.

geek_sirfer, Jan 5, 8:19 pm

Sirfer; I'm not a fag, don't use child's terms Sorry, I was under the impression that you WEREN'T the moron is into conspiracy tales? Don't be so pathetic. "Mr 90%", what's that baby? Does the truth hurt. Idiot. I don't know any serious PC tech who run's Linux. One I know of has one mac which he uses for editing photos, images etc. Go are a waste of oxygen. aduh

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 8:25 pm

Well PixMa.. You must not know any PC Tech's that re half decent thenAs most enterprise Tech's, Engineers, Consultants etc use and have Linux in more than one form...

geek_fred68, Jan 5, 8:34 pm

Sirfer yes I do. I have a system at the shop (Which now hosts me Web site, Chat server, FTP), I installed XP in 2001 on it, It has never been formatted or Blue Screened. Runs AVG and Zone Alarm Pro since 2002. And Again Has not Failed yet (Touch wood lol). Does Updated auto etc. I feel 90% of the Problems with MS software is PEBKAC as the muck around without knowing what they are really doing. But thats just MHO. Installed correctly it's fine.

geek_swivel, Jan 5, 8:37 pm

Fred68 Wrong

geek_swivel, Jan 5, 8:37 pm

From the person that runs their web server on XPLOL WTF would you know..

geek_fred68, Jan 5, 8:39 pm

Not directly Naturally, apart from the real IT industry, linux is barely used. In fact, I can say in my daily travels around electricians, engineers, tube and steel, to name a few...LINUX IS SIMPLE NOT USED. We don't use Linux at my work in the offices even. Going around suppliers EVERYDAY and onto call sites, Linux is not used ANYWHERE. Most industry's rely on Windows. I could suggest the name "Linux" to all the client's we work around at and they would just stare at meYou need to get out and have a look at REAL INDUSTRY and see what they use. Window's work's,, it's that simple. Even half the driver's can use it, and half on them would barely word a sentence together.

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 8:40 pm

So What enterprises does your little shop support.. By enterprises I am talking 500+ usersIf you do maybe then you may start to know what you are talking about..

geek_fred68, Jan 5, 8:40 pm

Fred68; swivel is a qualified PC tech you dumbass.

geek_pixma, Jan 5, 8:41 pm

Fred68 Why Not. Works fine.

geek_swivel, Jan 5, 8:42 pm

I agree with that swivel..installed and maintained Correctly, WinXP is the shizzle as far as MS OSs are concerned. And pixma, if you left your mums basement you might have some clue. What are you, like 19?

geek_sirfer, Jan 5, 8:44 pm