AVG update - anyone else having problems

AVG update - anyone else having problems "Invalid Update Control CTF File" this is the comment I get when I try to update. Any advice, apart from using a different company?

geek_nfh1, Jan 6, 8:38 pm

Your system has currupted the file go here for info http://free.avg.com/faq

geek_swivel, Jan 6, 8:40 pm

advice would be to google the error you WILL find the answer.

geek_0800xford, Jan 6, 8:40 pm

Thanks I will try there.

geek_nfh1, Jan 6, 8:57 pm

Yes I probably will but sometimes people ask for help and sometimes other people like to give it.

geek_nfh1, Jan 6, 8:59 pm

that question has been asked so many times in here recently.

geek_0800xford, Jan 6, 9:01 pm

Switch to a less problematic A/V program Avast or Antivir.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 6, 9:10 pm

Apologies 0800xford - I did not realise that you were not allowed to ask a question someone had already asked.

geek_nfh1, Jan 6, 9:11 pm

didn't you?

geek_0800xford, Jan 6, 9:11 pm

R.g.nixon LOL tui ad there

geek_swivel, Jan 6, 9:34 pm

RGN I guess atleast we have a Tripple A rating in here (when it comes to Virus Progs) as it's always the 3 with the letter A

geek_swivel, Jan 6, 9:39 pm

you'd be happy with the wiki entry of mine then ;)

geek_0800xford, Jan 6, 9:41 pm

I also have the same problem with AVG Since about 2 weeks ago I havn't been able to update. And this is the 1st time I have seen this question on the MB.

geek_thunderflash, Jan 6, 9:43 pm

Follow the link I gave in . 0800 I tried joining ages ago, But someone used my name 8-(

geek_swivel, Jan 6, 9:46 pm

whaaa..? for reals? =[

geek_0800xford, Jan 6, 9:48 pm

- I followed the link in and it works perfectly now. I am like you I could not find another thread about it, that is why I asked here.

geek_nfh1, Jan 6, 9:51 pm

Yeah well when AVG8 came out, it was slower than ver 7 (As it has Spyware scanner etc in it). But after 8.0.175 the speed was better as the resource use is now as what it was with 7.5 (and less that another one starting with A), But some Diehards still go on the old ones not so good speeds. One rubbish's avg and hasn't used it since 2003. Still the most popular to use. Thanks for the support

geek_swivel, Jan 6, 10:04 pm

Hey thanks for that link, I have now got it working again. Cheers for asking this question.

geek_thunderflash, Jan 6, 10:13 pm