More "RAM" (Memory)

More "RAM" (Memory) HelloI want to upgrade my Ram from 512MB to 1GBWhere can I go on my computer to look up what type of Ram I already have on my computer so I can order another 512MB so that I can have a 1GBís of Ram..?

geek_us109, Jan 6, 9:30 pm

Google your tupe of computer thats how i found it not very hard.

geek_laj3, Jan 6, 9:33 pm

crucial.com have a good scan that will tell you. failing that you could run an app called 'cpuz' or 'siw' among a few others.

geek_0800xford, Jan 6, 9:34 pm

Try the freeware program SIW tells you lots of things about your computer including memory & motherboard (the ones you want)

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 6, 9:35 pm

The surefire way is to remove the existing RAM and take it to a shop and get them to supply more RAM. You can use the free "Everest" or "Belarc" programmes to identify your existing RAM but If you don't know how to remove or insert RAM then there is no point in using them and you should take your PC to a shop and get them to do it. You must have an old PC if you only want to move up to 1GB, so you need to be careful that you buy the correct RAM.

geek_cpg, Jan 6, 9:41 pm

More "RAM" (Memory) Thanks cpg

I have noticed from your feedback that you have brought several items from "sharaz1" thatís whom I brought my computer from: HP Intel Celeron: 2.4GHz/512MB /40GB...

geek_us109, Jan 6, 10:20 pm

Oh no! Goodluck with Sharaz1

geek_jmpcwiz, Jan 6, 10:42 pm

Intel Celeron: 2.4GHz Pretty big bottleneck there. Upgrading from 512 to 1024 will help-depending on what you find slow. The celeron cpu's only have a small cache and that IS a bottleneck. Keep an eye out on trade me for some DDR ram and perhaps a Pentium cpu...IMHO..

geek_snoopy221, Jan 6, 10:46 pm

My pet *Under the hood* program...LOL Aida32 http://majorgeeks.com/download181.html

geek_snoopy221, Jan 6, 10:48 pm

"sharaz1" gets bad press on here because he has inflexible post-auction rules that buyers sometimes ignore. He is one of TM's top sellers, it's his living, but buyers expect him to accomodate to their wishes. Most of his negative feedback is from people who don't live in Auckland. I live in Auckland, and I have no problem with him because I collect my goods in person from him. If you bought your PC from him and had no problems then e-mail him for more RAM, reminding him of the actual PC you bought from him so you get the right stuff. Can you install it yourself OK?

geek_cpg, Jan 6, 10:53 pm

If you want one This is a good one.

geek_deodar, Jan 6, 11:30 pm

"sharaz1" gets bad press on here because I have no problem with the computer what so everItís my second computer as my main one that I mainly use is much quickerSo my second computer I have in the bedroomI have no problem with "sharaz1" want so ever..! Which I only use to watch the odd movie/music or use surf the internetI lost "sharaz1"email addressI donít suppose you have his email address do you? Cpg? You could check my profile and look into my feedback regarding, if I brought something of "sharaz1"Itís just that I would have no clue on what type of Ram stick to buyAny help would be helpfulThanks...

geek_us109, Jan 6, 11:35 pm

Aida32 & Everest are one in the same. Everest being the latter version of Aida32.

geek_lostdude, Jan 6, 11:48 pm

His contact details are on his website; http://www.farasha.co.nz/

geek_cpg, Jan 6, 11:57 pm

Thanks "cpg" I will send him an email and ask for the extra ramWhen I brought the computer I made it clear that I would like more ramBut at that stage I couldnít afford itSo he just told me to email him when I needed the extra ramBut I lost his contact addressThanks once againI have no problem with the computer what so ever..! You have all been helpfulHope you all out there have a great start to the New YearKind regards Peter...

geek_us109, Jan 7, 12:05 am

Odd statement: "You must have an old PC if you only want to move up to 1GB".....why would that be ? perhaps they run xp and 1gb is all they need ?

geek_drcspy, Jan 7, 3:21 am

"drcspy" Well itís my second computer which is in my bedroom So I only use it for movies/music and surfing the net just the basics My main computer is downstairsItís rather slow at opening applicationsThe OS is XP ProBut it doesnít have to the state of the world in technologyI would be buying a much up to date computer in the near future...

geek_us109, Jan 7, 4:15 am

"drcspy" Well itís my second computer which is in my bedroom So I only use it for movies/music and surfing the net just the basics My main computer is downstairsItís rather slow at opening applicationsThe OS is XP ProBut it doesnít have to be the state of the world in technologyI would be buying a much up to date computer in the near future...

geek_us109, Jan 7, 4:15 am

"drcspy" Well itís my second computer which is in my bedroom So I only use it for movies/music and surfing the net just the basics My main computer is downstairsItís rather slow at opening applicationsThe OS is XP ProBut it doesnít have to be the state of the Art in technologyI would be buying a much up to date computer in the near future...

geek_us109, Jan 7, 4:17 am