GRRR! Adobe reader 9, cant download

GRRR! Adobe reader 9, cant download http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/0/88508400_full.jpg

geek_rosehonda, Mar 7, 3:00 pm

use foxit, it's free and much faster

geek_0800xford, Mar 7, 3:04 pm

What is it? ,.as you can see in the phot it wont download because something is missing (in that box) that came up

geek_rosehonda, Mar 7, 3:13 pm

save the installer [if you really must use the bloated behemoth that is adobe reader] to your desktop. also try NOT to use a download manager, just to remove variables. foxit have a pdf reader among other apps. go look.

geek_0800xford, Mar 7, 3:19 pm

Grr..old version cant be removed! http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/49/88544849_full.jpg

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:07 am

Ooh i would rather have abode.. whats is that file i deleted though it cant find and why cant it remove old version..it wouldnt download so i deleted everything to do with adobe on my computer..i thought it would just download a new version but it still wants an old file it looks like???? agh

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:11 am

Why would you rather have adobe? It's bloated and the updater is also bloated. Foxit reader is free, slim and fast. No bollocks.

geek_puddleduck00, Mar 8, 12:12 am

I need it for a uni website it can only read in adobe

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:28 am

F u adobe! Computer running twice as slow freexing e.t.c was running mint before this..how do i completely wipe every version of adobe reader on my computer and install version 9..why cant i just do a fresh install why does it keep lookn for that frign adbesucks812.en.us.msi frig!

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 11:47 am

Uninstall it then run ccleaner. Are you *sure* your university requires you to use Adobe Reader, and not just any PDF reader?

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 11:49 am

Yea ..ok i will .

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 11:57 am

Cant find outlookexpress everything seems to be stuffing up, ran ccleaner defrag e.t.c ..adobe is the least of my worries right now..what do you think of reformationg hard drive and reinstalling everything..it probably needs it?

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:57 pm

Try rolling back to an earlier restore point.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 12:58 pm

this always happens on a sunday, on tuesday or wednesday you'll take it to the shop after destroying all your data, stop NOW before it's too late. seriously.

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:00 pm

So wht shall i do? i have back up of files and restore points got erased by disk clean up

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:01 pm

Take it to a professional. .

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:02 pm

what ree said. when in a hole, stop digging...

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:05 pm

Not an option, cost to much . far all this just for adobe! .. it was running so mint before the 1.6ghz procesor fully booted up xp in 2 min!

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:06 pm

Its not actualy that bad..i just need to get outlook express back

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:07 pm

you'd be surprised what can be achieved in an hour, a tech knows what to do remember. money WELL spent. so we need some hands on in Tauranga

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:08 pm

You appear to have other problems ie, can't find Outlook Express, deleted your own restore points, etc. If you have the original disks and you're 100% certain you've backed everything up, then you could reinstall the OS.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:09 pm

Think ill try just the office disk first to get outlook express back..in disk cleanup it said cleanup accesories and i clicked them because it said 0mb so i thort they must have been old version obviously not..anyway i read the uninstall intructions for adobe 8 on the website what a useles program it (included booting up in safemode, comand promt, taskmanager e.t.c) why cant it just uninstall like normal programs

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:13 pm

outlook EXPRESS is part of windows!

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:14 pm

The Office disk Outlook comes with Office, Outlook Express comes with Windows. It won't be on the Office disk.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:14 pm

Sure its not the other way around kz.. well anyway i got outlook back

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:18 pm

And all my old stuff is still on there .

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:18 pm

"outlook" is different from "outlook express".

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:19 pm

I know ..the office disk was in the drive when i did it but maybe it didnt need to be..and i am talking about express

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:23 pm

And now you have it back stop messing with your computer.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:25 pm

Now i need adobe shitreader.exe .

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:25 pm

If you go to University take it in tomorrow and get the tech/helpdesk people to help you.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:26 pm

you will regret the incessant 'tinkering'!

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:27 pm

Its not a laptop .

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:27 pm

Then find the cash and pay someone.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:29 pm

Never .

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:30 pm

fine, it's your computer =s

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:31 pm

Then continue what you're doing and completely screw your computer. You don't have enough know-how to do this, and you've ignored advice to at least try foxit.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:31 pm

;)

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:34 pm

I have tried foxit and it cannot open the files everything is working now..i just need to find out how to download and install adobe reader 9 i cant believe it is so hard...i know hwta i am doing to some extent as well although i will not make out i am a wiz..i have reformated and reinstalled the os before but that is not an issue anymore

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:37 pm

I cant believe it adboe reader is still on add/remove programs list reading 86mb...there there are no files on the computer to run it!

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:40 pm

Did you just go around deleting files instead of using a proper uninstaller or add/remove?

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:41 pm

There is an auto update coming through for Flash Player , that is from Adobe.com. Maybe you need the update first. I like Adobe Reader too, there is alot of stuff I look ad find that uses Adobe .pdf files. You can spend some time and remove alot of options in Adobe Reader if you want to spend 10 minutes of your time. I did bother with removing alot of ticks once and found size of the application in Windows Add and Remove Programs list shrunked....alot....I mean, shrinked....alot....

geek_olack, Mar 8, 1:44 pm

Yes after trying uninstaller first which did not work, and now when i try it it is still looking for the "installation packege" so it can uninstall

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:45 pm

You borked it good and proper try installing it (the one you rooted).

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 1:46 pm

ha ha =p

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:53 pm

Error applying transforms? is what it says when i reinstall same verison 8.1.2

geek_rosehonda, Mar 8, 1:57 pm

yeah get 10 points for tenacity! =]

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:58 pm

you not yeah

geek_0800xford, Mar 8, 1:59 pm

Yer not you...

geek_sirfer, Mar 8, 1:59 pm

Rosehonda, looking at the screen capture it seems the install is trying to install to the Adbe_Rdr812 version location. Could you trychanging the install location to Adobe Reader 9 so it has its own location. You can click the mouse cursor inthe location window, wher it says it wants to install into the Adbe_Rdr812 place and change it something different.

geek_olack, Mar 8, 2:09 pm