GRRR! Adobe reader 9, cant download Page 1 / 3

rosehonda, Mar 7, 2:00am
GRRR! Adobe reader 9, cant download http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/0/88508400_full.jpg

0800xford, Mar 7, 2:04am
use foxit, it's free and much faster

rosehonda, Mar 7, 2:13am
What is it? ,.as you can see in the phot it wont download because something is missing (in that box) that came up

0800xford, Mar 7, 2:19am
save the installer [if you really must use the bloated behemoth that is adobe reader] to your desktop. also try NOT to use a download manager, just to remove variables. foxit have a pdf reader among other apps. go look.

rosehonda, Mar 7, 11:07am
Grr..old version cant be removed! http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/49/88544849_full.jpg

rosehonda, Mar 7, 11:11am
Ooh i would rather have abode.. whats is that file i deleted though it cant find and why cant it remove old version..it wouldnt download so i deleted everything to do with adobe on my computer..i thought it would just download a new version but it still wants an old file it looks like???? agh

puddleduck00, Mar 7, 11:12am
Why would you rather have adobe? It's bloated and the updater is also bloated. Foxit reader is free, slim and fast. No bollocks.

rosehonda, Mar 7, 11:28am
I need it for a uni website it can only read in adobe

rosehonda, Mar 7, 10:47pm
F u adobe! Computer running twice as slow freexing e.t.c was running mint before this..how do i completely wipe every version of adobe reader on my computer and install version 9..why cant i just do a fresh install why does it keep lookn for that frign adbesucks812.en.us.msi frig!

dunedin_ree, Mar 7, 10:49pm
Uninstall it then run ccleaner. Are you *sure* your university requires you to use Adobe Reader, and not just any PDF reader?

rosehonda, Mar 7, 10:57pm
Yea ..ok i will .

rosehonda, Mar 7, 11:57pm
Cant find outlookexpress everything seems to be stuffing up, ran ccleaner defrag e.t.c ..adobe is the least of my worries right now..what do you think of reformationg hard drive and reinstalling everything..it probably needs it?

dunedin_ree, Mar 7, 11:58pm
Try rolling back to an earlier restore point.

0800xford, Mar 8, 12:00am
this always happens on a sunday, on tuesday or wednesday you'll take it to the shop after destroying all your data, stop NOW before it's too late. seriously.

rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:01am
So wht shall i do? i have back up of files and restore points got erased by disk clean up

dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 12:02am
Take it to a professional. .

0800xford, Mar 8, 12:05am
what ree said. when in a hole, stop digging...

rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:06am
Not an option, cost to much . far all this just for adobe! .. it was running so mint before the 1.6ghz procesor fully booted up xp in 2 min!

rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:07am
Its not actualy that bad..i just need to get outlook express back

0800xford, Mar 8, 12:08am
you'd be surprised what can be achieved in an hour, a tech knows what to do remember. money WELL spent. so we need some hands on in Tauranga

dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 12:09am
You appear to have other problems ie, can't find Outlook Express, deleted your own restore points, etc. If you have the original disks and you're 100% certain you've backed everything up, then you could reinstall the OS.

rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:13am
Think ill try just the office disk first to get outlook express back..in disk cleanup it said cleanup accesories and i clicked them because it said 0mb so i thort they must have been old version obviously not..anyway i read the uninstall intructions for adobe 8 on the website what a useles program it (included booting up in safemode, comand promt, taskmanager e.t.c) why cant it just uninstall like normal programs

0800xford, Mar 8, 12:14am
outlook EXPRESS is part of windows!

dunedin_ree, Mar 8, 12:14am
The Office disk Outlook comes with Office, Outlook Express comes with Windows. It won't be on the Office disk.

rosehonda, Mar 8, 12:18am
Sure its not the other way around kz.. well anyway i got outlook back

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)