adobe

Adobe i just bid a Brother Fax1020 and won. nothing great except it hasnt got a manual and the seller is just as clueless. so i was told to get it from the web. to download i just found that my adobe reader is not available. i dont know how! i am just as clueless. hv gone into the web and there are soooooo many topics on adobe reader/writer/please help how do i download. which one to click? dont want to hv to pay. many thx

geek_hoonguek, Mar 25, 1:36 pm

Get "foxit reader" it's smaller, free and opens PDF files.

geek_hdmovies, Mar 25, 1:39 pm

agreed, foxit ftw

geek_0800xford, Mar 25, 1:44 pm

Thank you hv done it. many thx again.

geek_hoonguek, Mar 25, 1:53 pm

Foxit is nagware? apparently it starts hassling you for money after a while. Or did I install the wrong version? I much prefer evince anyhow, truly free and no advertising.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 25, 2:32 pm

Huh never ever had that egypt?

geek_puddleduck00, Mar 25, 2:34 pm

you can turn OFF the advert

geek_0800xford, Mar 25, 2:35 pm

Ahhh OK, will take another look sometime.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 25, 2:37 pm

wow i seriously dislike their new installer! 'ask' as your default homepage? firefox plugin? toolbar? wtf, no thanks!

geek_0800xford, Mar 25, 2:45 pm

Buh not another stupid fricken software vendor selling themselves short and using toolbars. Idiots. ##CK I HATE FIXING PEOPLES COMPUTERS that install every toolbar imaginable and then wonder why their PC crawls along. Sorry that's my rant.

geek_puddleduck00, Mar 25, 2:58 pm

i agree mate, but the trickery is poor form =[

geek_0800xford, Mar 25, 3:00 pm

I second that rantcan't stand software that wants to install toolbars or change the homepage. That and software that wants to install it's own separate 'updater' or autostarts into the system tray unnecessarily..

geek_little_egypt, Mar 25, 3:30 pm

foxit seems a bit slower now too, glassy shiny effects and stuff, ack! =[

geek_0800xford, Mar 25, 3:48 pm

time to replace foxit here, i use evince @ debian. [ http://pdfreaders.org/ ]

geek_0800xford, Mar 25, 4:28 pm