Adobe Acrobat/Reader Issue

Adobe Acrobat/Reader Issue Heres the problem. Someone I know has Adobe Acrobat 6, and Acrobat Reader 9 installed on their computer.
When they try to open PDF files on the computer, Acrobat starts up. However, they want Acrobat Reader to handle website PDFs. How would I go about fixing this problem. I am currently googleing the problem, but any suggestions would be great.

geek_executor1, Apr 1, 2:39 pm

Uninstall them both and get foxit reader. Adobe is full of un-necessary bloat.

geek_pcmaster, Apr 1, 3:06 pm

Website PDFS are the same as any PDF...so if you assign the reader for web, it'll be the same for any PDF as far as I can see/tell.

geek_soodanim, Apr 1, 3:08 pm

Right-click a PDF file do the "Open with..." thing. Tick the box once you have picked or browsed to the application you want to use as the default.

geek_r.g.nixon, Apr 1, 3:09 pm

@2How does Foxit reader replace Acrobat? It is a pdf viewer only, much like Adobe Reader

geek_vtecintegra, Apr 1, 3:13 pm

There are other ways to create pdfs as well.

geek_pcmaster, Apr 1, 3:14 pm

So? If you have acrobat, you have it. You've paid for it. You use it. They weren't asking for a blow-by-blow of alternative PDF makers.

geek_dunedin_ree, Apr 1, 3:16 pm

Granted, but Acrobat is still the best pdf authoring software about.

geek_vtecintegra, Apr 1, 3:16 pm

open with thing...you need to "choose program" at the bottom of the list, then choose the program and then check the box...but like I said, that will associates all PDFS to open with the Abode Reader.

geek_soodanim, Apr 1, 3:20 pm

I read somewhere on Adobe's website you aren't meant to use both..

geek_gibler, Apr 1, 3:29 pm

That doesn't make sense...lol

geek_soodanim, Apr 1, 3:32 pm

You might not be "supposed" to but I've run both for years without any problems.

geek_dunedin_ree, Apr 1, 3:33 pm