Help printing a pdf file please....

gillies08, Apr 3, 7:01am
Help printing a pdf file pleaseHi, I have an email attachment I need to print.. It will only open in Adobe Reader 8 (tried to open in word and it's a whole bunch of symbols etc)Every time I try to print a message comes up saying...
Can not print is printer available?
Printer is working fine on every other program.. Any ideas??

Thanks

r.g.nixon, Apr 3, 7:04am
Check page size and orientation? .

lenny7, Apr 3, 7:26am
Have you downloaded Adobe...

r.g.nixon, Apr 3, 9:44am
Two more comments Adobe 8 is not safe any more. Either get version 9.1 (very large download), or a better idea is to get the free (much smaller) Foxit version 3.

richard112, Apr 3, 6:52pm
Maybe not much help, but I use Adobe pagemaker for my final stuff & Word only for rough drafts. I know that you can 'place' a pdf file into a pagemaker document, & it then becomes apart of that document. ie opens & prints in Pagemaker. I feel you should be able to do similar with Word, but don't know which buttons to push. Any Word experts out there for comment?

0800xford, Apr 3, 7:14pm
this thread reminds me to try some more free pdf viewers, i dislike foxit's trickey, which is getting worse. pity, it's a really nice app. i have 5 to try here

gillies08, Apr 3, 9:31pm
Thanks everyone I'm going to uninstall v8 and try 9.1..

yorick, Apr 3, 9:56pm
OpenOffice.org 3 is an option if a bit excessive. Download and install and then put on the PDFimport extension. It has the additional advantage of allowing you to edit the PDF if you want

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)