Have to reset adsl modem/wifi at least daily..WHY?

Have to reset adsl modem/wifi at least daily..WHY? Whats wrong with my internet it's so frustrating - I have a Dynalink RTA1320 with latest firmware and a belkin wireless router. We use pcs and macs all wirelessly in the flat (3 macs 2 pcs). Every day at least I have to reset the modem/router to get the internet to go. Usually I'll turn my laptop on and it isn't able to get a ip address from the dhcp on the wireless routerhave to reset it. Other times I can connect to wireless but the modem has pooped itself and wont let me connect (192.168.1.1 styles) and have to reset it aswellwhy would this happen so regularly? Very frustrating! Same thing seems to happen with a separate modem/wifi in one unit (dlink). Xnet connection in Dunedin ...fairly close to exchange etcHELP!!!

geek_mraffman, Apr 4, 11:26 pm

Are you sure it's the internet? if you log into the router with a cable, does it show that you still have your ADSL connection (or not)?

geek_dunedin_ree, Apr 4, 11:32 pm

I had a smailer problemAll I had to do was run the wizard, when I did the change without wizard - it wouldn't save changes. Try doing wizard again.

geek_kiwigal, Apr 4, 11:36 pm

While I'm not 100% certain I vaguely remember testing it once and it didn't workI think like the modem kinda overloads or something - all the lights turn on etcvery odd

geek_mraffman, Apr 4, 11:37 pm

Cut out the middle-man connect computer directly to modem.

geek_dunedin_ree, Apr 4, 11:38 pm

I have the same problem and I'm pretty sure it's because I overload it with connections (torrents) I'm going to run for a week or so without download (GASP) and see if it helps. Do you torrent?

geek_bidda2, Apr 5, 12:43 am