Adblock plus filter for FF3.0

Adblock plus filter for FF3.0 Whats the filter you use for blocking adds here. Installed Mepis 8.0 and it comes with 3.0 so its totally bugging me.I hate adds.

geek_helpless, Apr 7, 9:45 am

Adblock plus .

geek_markfriend1, Apr 7, 9:48 am

Yep..thats highly useful What is the syntax as I've entered a few attempts and it aint working..

geek_helpless, Apr 7, 9:50 am

Install it the same way you would on windows. http://adblockplus.org/en/installation and just install it.

geek_bidda2, Apr 7, 9:55 am

Already done what I needed thanks ,,worked it out myself..There gone

geek_helpless, Apr 7, 9:57 am

And I'll give you a ps Doing it that way doesn't work on Mepis for some odd reason. I believe it's not properly working for 3.0 so beta builds are used.

geek_helpless, Apr 7, 9:59 am

OhGood to know. I'll need to know that when I start trying out different distros. Thanks

geek_bidda2, Apr 7, 10:00 am

Goodo..Apart from that minor problem Mepis 8.0's all good..Compiz working etc..

geek_helpless, Apr 7, 10:03 am

And heres a tip for anyone else that uses Linux and can't seem to get the addons to Install or download from the Mozilla addons site..Type about:config into the address bar of F/F and scroll down to network.dns.disableIPV6 and change its setting to True..Taken me hours to find thats what the problem is.

geek_helpless, Apr 7, 1:01 pm

Probably should say all Operating systems not just the Penguin as I don't think it's Linux specific but it may be.

geek_helpless, Apr 7, 1:09 pm

Good tip helpless It's a Lenny-based bug, doesn't affect the windows FF3...once you do what you did, then the addons option in "tools" works.

geek_sirfer, Apr 7, 1:20 pm

I probably should have googled the problem when I first noticed it rather than looking for the .xpi files and installing them manually..Lucky I'm not charging myself for all the peeing about.

geek_helpless, Apr 7, 1:26 pm

Think of the money you could make! haha Took me ages to figure it out too and until now I didn't realise it had spread to mepis...it is not a problem in ubuntu

geek_sirfer, Apr 7, 1:52 pm

And on a sad note http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/06/148207

geek_sirfer, Apr 7, 2:17 pm

Is it really a debian bug? Because I haven't had any issues with installing addons in Firefox 3 (iceweasel)

geek_bidda2, Apr 7, 2:17 pm

I have to do it in all the installs I do otherwise addons just don't work, but YMMV

geek_sirfer, Apr 7, 2:33 pm

Ok thanks Mepis just finished downloading so I'll be giving it a try in the next few days.

geek_bidda2, Apr 7, 2:37 pm