Internet disconnecting

Internet disconnecting Once or twice a day my internet suddenly disconnects with both the ADSL and Ethernet lights going out and i have to flick the on/off button and wait for it to reconnect.
Is this normal because its a real pain.

geek_emma144, Mar 11, 9:49 am

Disconnect all the telephone sockets in the house ...then reconnect them. Switch the modem or router off first then restart the modem router and reboot the computer.

geek_olack, Mar 11, 10:28 am

Check your filters .

geek_tigra, Mar 11, 10:35 am

Have you got a monitored alarm if the broadband isn't wired correctly with a splitter before the alarm panel, the symptom is exactly what you describe when a timer test or event occurs. Monitored alarms that are out of contract (ie; no longer in service) still generate events.

geek_gyrogearloose, Mar 11, 11:25 am

Mine did that last week all week i had that same problem,i am on xtra,change phone jack,extension chords ,filters etc,finally they sent me another router for free,but it seems to going okay now,they also told me not to have a phone line extension,if ph line not near computer you meant to get a longer ethernet cable to get to your computer

geek_spratman1, Mar 11, 4:16 pm

BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (atmmachinehacker@gmail.com). Tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how my life changed for good...Love you all ...the email address again is ;atmmachinehacker@gmail.com

geek_mark, Sep 10, 4:09 pm