Anyone recommend a good web hosting

Anyone recommend a good web hosting company? That's not to expensive as its for a non-profit organisation. Thanks

geek_cassie24, Apr 16, 10:07 am

For a nonprofit in the Waikato region? How does 'free' sound?
[http://wordpresswainet.wainet.org/]

geek_little_egypt, Apr 16, 10:13 am

Sounds good but i'm in BOP ...

geek_cassie24, Apr 16, 10:15 am

How good do you need it. I.e. how many visitors do you expect, and will the site be running any web apps or is it info only, and if it was down for an hour would that be the end of the world? I use 3ix.com for cheap hosting for my non commercial sites.

geek_hdmovies, Apr 16, 10:23 am

I expect it will not have many visitors at all just mainly the people that are members or the association which is not many, just info no apps. I will look into that company, cheers

geek_cassie24, Apr 16, 10:31 am

Use google hosting its free

geek_law.house, Apr 16, 11:00 am

Just looked at doing that law but it means that the website will be www.xxxx.googlepages.com

geek_cassie24, Apr 16, 11:08 am

Sorry about late reply Yeah thats right or if you buy a domain name (you can get them for around $6 a year) you are able to use google hosting free of charge. Also, it wont show up in the format you were talking about, rather it will show up like a normal website, eg. ww.trademe.co.nz. Thanks!

geek_law.house, Apr 16, 7:24 pm

Where do you get a domain name for $6 I have looked and they are about $30-40

geek_cassie24, Apr 17, 8:16 am

Domains4Less.co.nz They are the best nz domain registrar. You can get a .co.nz domain name for about $25. A .com domain name through Domains4Less is about $15 from memory. I will recommend dynadot.com for .com domain names because the have nearly instant propagagion!

geek_l624628, Apr 17, 8:44 am

Thanks for that l624628 I have just registered the domain through them, thats heaps cheaper than everywhere else will probably do the webhosting through them to. Thanks a million.

geek_cassie24, Apr 17, 9:30 am