computer freezing an acer

Computer freezing an acer its getting worse and worse, started a thread in general and other people are having the same probs and its all acer brand, wondered if you guys here in computering could shed some light on these crap computers lol.

geek_dragontales, Apr 17, 4:07 pm

*sits and waits* :-)

geek_slmilne, Apr 17, 4:08 pm

*yawns* are we still here?????

geek_slmilne, Apr 17, 4:12 pm

Can work really good then all of a sudden nothing goes (freezes) clicking the x to kill the page off doesn't work, even closing the program doesn't work, takes ages then it says not responding and shuts off, very frustrating though, does it about 3-4 times a day now, I am running vista home basic, is it an acer prob, just though you guys here might know more, I don't know a lot about computers sorry.

geek_dragontales, Apr 17, 4:15 pm

Lol slmilne think its just us, sooooo how are you today

geek_dragontales, Apr 17, 4:16 pm

Is it still under warranty? .

geek_soodanim, Apr 17, 4:18 pm

No soodanim its about two years old, I'm pretty sure the warranty was only for 1 year, man I might have to hunt out the reciept

geek_dragontales, Apr 17, 4:22 pm

"clicking the x to kill the page off doesn't work" do you mean your BROWSER? ie, firefox, opera etc?

geek_0800xford, Apr 17, 4:25 pm

My new Acer has a problem too - see the thread on " My computer wont start". Its my second Acer and I am happy enough EXCEPT that it seems servicing has to be done in Australia. Thats ridiculous. How can a major brand not have servicing in NZ?

geek_texastwo, Apr 17, 4:27 pm

You can get them seviced in NZ..just take them to your nearest computer tech (if outside warranty). A major brand can do that texastwo because you paid crap and got crap, simple.

geek_b.j.nichols, Apr 17, 4:41 pm

invasion of general? *watches for third person references*

geek_0800xford, Apr 17, 4:44 pm

Lol 0800xford don't be like that, just wanted your advise

geek_dragontales, Apr 17, 4:54 pm

are you going to answer the questions?

geek_0800xford, Apr 17, 5:27 pm

I mean browser

geek_dragontales, Apr 17, 5:30 pm

WHICH browser????!!!!

geek_0800xford, Apr 17, 5:34 pm

Big difference between the COMPUTER freezing and the browser freezing.

geek_nice_lady, Apr 17, 5:39 pm

Remove the battery and see if it makes a diff I had the same prob and found it was the battery, have replaced it and it all goes well

geek_soft_furnishing, Apr 18, 9:38 pm