Please! VPN and RDP access help required

Please! VPN and RDP access help required I have Windows Vista on my home laptop. I have set up a VPN connection to my work, but I can't see where to go to enter my work IP Address my instructions state I should be able to RDP access to it, but I don't know what that is. I do have my work PC IP Address, but my work PC isn't switched on at the moment (does that matter? - will I still be able to access it?). Could some nice helpful person please talk me through setting up the RDP access part? (The VPN access part is working fine). Many thanks!

geek_lablvr01, May 3, 5:33 pm

Turn your work computer on and enable remote access. Turn VPN on and connect. Fire up RDC, enter your IP address, then username & password.

geek_dunedin_ree, May 3, 5:44 pm

Does your work PC have "wake on LAN" or similar enabled? And for it to start up it would probably have to be on standby, or possibly hibernated.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 3, 5:45 pm

I'm not sure if it does have that enabled, , but it's not turned on so I guess I'm stuck for the moment will try leaving it on tomorrow night before re-trying. Many thanks for your help #s 2 and 3 - much appreciated.

geek_lablvr01, May 3, 5:52 pm

Are you serious with this question ? "have my work PC IP Address, but my work PC isn't switched on at the moment (does that matter? - will I still be able to access it?)."........how can you possibly expect a computer to work if it's not switched on ?

geek_drcspy, May 4, 3:47 am