Download XP ON A MAC OS X

gina.r, Jun 2, 1:38am
Download XP ON A MAC OS X I would like to download xp on my Mac Os X Ive tried Boot camp and it FAILED, Ive tried Parrell 4 It FAILED, Ive tried Vmware fusion & IT FAILED!!!!! PLEASE HELP. :(

ferita, Jun 2, 1:50am
When you say download do you mean install? Also when you say fail, what was the error message? Are you sure the disk you are trying to install it from is not damaged?

gibler, Jun 2, 2:12am
That's a lot of failure..sure you have a mac?

0800xford, Jun 2, 2:21am
computer says no

morrisman1, Jun 2, 2:21am
Ok, you need a windows xp install disc which has service pack 2 pre-installed on that. from then on just follow the boot camp instructions, do print out the manual when it says to and read that through each step of the way. Its essentially a standard xp installation with one small change with formatting drives, it must be done in the way that the boot camp manual outlines. after you have done that install parallels (vmware is slow) and tell it to use your boot camp partition as the virtual machine. follow those steps and you shouldnt experience any more 'fail'

thegilly, Jun 2, 2:23am
First of all, do you have the correct, official install disk for XP, the one the Bootcamp instructions tell you you need? Second, you are running OS X Leopard on an Intel-based Mac, right? Please let us know at what point, while you're following the official instructions from Apple, your installation attempt breaks down.

tessal, Jun 2, 4:04am
Good luck if your machine is worthy you'll be seeing something like this http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/43/95354543_full.jpg

0800xford, Jun 2, 4:08am
dude, no adblock?

tessal, Jun 2, 4:08am
I won't bore you with my linux install on mac screenie. = P

tessal, Jun 2, 4:10am
Huh? i'm to busy to let that add crap effect meh, its static anyways =P..popups on a mac is a beautiful thing too see .

gibler, Jun 2, 4:21am
You exercise is then to get FreeBSD going and write up a report.

tessal, Jun 2, 4:32am
What version FreeBSD we talking? of my choice?

dunedin_ree, Jun 2, 5:18am
Interesting. I've had windows running in Bootcamp, Parallels and VMware fusion. Haven't tried Virtualbox, though. Then again, I had an official version of XP with SP2 installed, and I followed the instructions.

gina.r, Jun 2, 7:07am
i have a linced disk of Xp, and when i say failed, it came up with can not be installed????? Really confused and i did follow all instructions.

morrisman1, Jun 2, 7:25am
At which point does it say it failed? and are you sure your xp disc has service pack 2 on it? if it doesnt then you cant use that disc to install windows. Recovery discs for computers are also unlikely to work

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)