Free hosting for an organisation website

Free hosting for an organisation website I am sure this has been addressed previously but I can't find it...
I have been asked to set up and maintain a website for an organisation. I am happy to do that for them, but wonder if I could get them free hosting - preferably somewhere I could do the the work on the likes of Dreamweaver and ftp the pages. Any assistance/advice would be appreciated thanks

geek_kvb, Jun 9, 2:36 pm

It would depend on the organisation and their status as to what you might get

geek_d.laidlaw, Jun 9, 2:38 pm

They are just a small local group Non profit, just trying to - I guess - stand up for their rights

geek_kvb, Jun 9, 2:43 pm

Are they incorporated as a non-profit or just a group of like minded souls?

geek_d.laidlaw, Jun 9, 2:44 pm

Don't think they are inc. Just trying to save on postage etc by putting all the newsletters and latest info up onto website.

geek_kvb, Jun 9, 2:49 pm

A really good idea hmmm, I assume they would want their own domain name (or have one already)?

geek_d.laidlaw, Jun 9, 2:54 pm

Yes, they already have a .org.nz domain. and they do have a site up hosted free with http://nanocms.in/ but involves a lot of work and is very limited - would rather have one I could use Dreamweaver with - by the way, thank you for your interest

geek_kvb, Jun 9, 2:59 pm

http://www.000webhost.com/

geek_executor1, Jun 9, 3:06 pm

#### 8 This looks very interesting, am just going to research it now and will 'present my case' to them soon as I have it all sussed - you will get the honorary mention for your help - many thanks

geek_kvb, Jun 9, 3:19 pm

Google sites Free as long as you're not a business, insanely easy to add content, plenty of templates, very easy to register a domain and point the dns to ghs.google.com and they do NOT put any advertising on either (and certainly not that "What's your IQ" crap!!)

geek_little_egypt, Jun 9, 4:50 pm

.www.awardspace.com

geek_tradeswap, Jun 9, 6:37 pm