WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE : ADMINISTRATOR

WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE : ADMINISTRATOR Hi
Can anyone tell me how to let computer know I am the administrator.
Cheers

geek_hymac, Apr 14, 10:20 am

Google it u need to set up admin account

geek_pcfix4u, Apr 14, 10:27 am

Try 1- Click Start, and type "secpol.msc" in the search area and click Enter. (You may receive a prompt from UAC, approve/login and proceed)
2- In the left list, choose "Local Policies", then "Security Options"
3- Set "Accounts: Administrator account status" to Enabled.
4- Set "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to Disabled.

geek_1clickaway, Apr 14, 10:56 am

Right click My computer Icon select Manage - go to Local Users and Groups - click on Groups - Click on Administrators - See if your user name is there if not then hit the ADD button....

geek__sexylady_, Apr 14, 11:08 am

If there's no need to login do this if you don't need to password protect your PC... once you login as administartor to remove login feature
@ PCs startup ...start/type in user controlpasswords2 & deselect option when you turn back on you load straight in to o/s without logging in & password as the administrator...

geek_icioufa, Apr 14, 11:59 am

These can be used together #3 & #5...

geek_icioufa, Apr 14, 12:04 pm

WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE : ADMINISTRATOR I'm the only one who uses the computer. (Not at home at the mo.)
Cheers

geek_hymac, Apr 14, 12:07 pm

Windows vista ultimate administrator Hi all. tried No #3 No record of secpol.msc Comes up No items match your search. Tried #4 and yes I am shown as adminstrator. #5 I am the only one who uses the computer . Having trouble with your info . Clicked on start, then to search
where I typed in "user controlpasswords2" and "passwords2". Said no items match your search.

What I want to do is send a gedcom file (genealogy).It comes up "you do not have permission to save in this location.(gedcom files) Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would yo like to save in (username folder) instead" Yes/No.

How do I get out of having to use the "administrator "
Cheers

geek_hymac, Apr 14, 6:41 pm

Start / run / type cmd at command prompt type:...

net user administrator /active:yes

hit enter

geek_pcfix4u, Apr 14, 7:00 pm

Hymac if that dont work go start/ programs / accessories/right click command Prompt and run as admin then ....net user administrator /active:yes / enter

geek_pcfix4u, Apr 14, 8:12 pm

.... Whatever this program you are using, just right click on the launcher and select 'Run as administrator'. Possibly your problem? Otherwise it sounds like security on the folder not allowing your account to save in that directory. Right click on the folder, properties, security and add your account. Run as administrator should bypass that anyway since it's unlikely the administrator doesn't have access to save there

geek_blackviper666, Apr 14, 8:56 pm

Here's my steps for admin account if you feel competent enough to run as
administrator For Windows Vista Ultimate/Business/Enterprise: 1- Click Start, and type "secpol.msc" in the search area and click Enter. (You may receive a prompt from UAC, approve/login and proceed) 2- In the left list, choose "Local Policies", then "Security Options" 3- Set "Accounts: Administrator account status" to Enabled. 4- Set "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to Disabled.

geek_icioufa, Apr 15, 4:42 am

Start type in user controlpasswords2

geek_icioufa, Apr 15, 4:42 am

Windows vista ultimate administrator Hi tried all suggestions . Finally got it. Thanks Daniel, blackviper666 . Right Clicked on icon for programme and clicked on "run as administrator" Works fine. Many thanks all for ideas.

Cheers

geek_hymac, Apr 15, 8:26 am