Acer lcd monitor help

Acer lcd monitor help My parents have a Acer lcd monitor and when you turn it on everything shows up fine for a few seconds and then the screen goes very dark and unreadable. Any ideas

geek_spudster, Jul 27, 6:23 pm

Acer lcd monitor help My parents have a Acer lcd monitor and when you turn it on everything shows up fine for a few seconds and then the screen goes very dark and unreadable. Any ideas

geek_spudster, Jul 27, 6:23 pm

Backlight has probably expired......or a capacitor or two inside it....may be worth fixing may not...

geek_drcspy, Jul 27, 7:03 pm

Backlight has probably expired......or a capacitor or two inside it....may be worth fixing may not...

geek_drcspy, Jul 27, 7:03 pm

It will be Two of the four electrolytic capacitors in the power supply will have failed. Cost about $1 ea to buy and if you are half handy with a small soldering iron they are easy to replace. We have had in excess of 50+ Acers fail at work and I have managed to fix everyone that I have had a go at.

geek_ralphdog1, Jul 27, 9:29 pm

It will be Two of the four electrolytic capacitors in the power supply will have failed. Cost about $1 ea to buy and if you are half handy with a small soldering iron they are easy to replace. We have had in excess of 50+ Acers fail at work and I have managed to fix everyone that I have had a go at.

geek_ralphdog1, Jul 27, 9:29 pm