Acer Aspire 3003

Acer Aspire 3003 I bought an Acer Aspire 3003 off here for my daughter but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to get the sound to go, i'm assuming it must have sound, right? I have tried searching for an online instruction manual but all i find is ones for sale. Any help appreciated, also if anyone has the same make and does have an instruction manual i would be happy to pay for a photocopy....

geek_davicija, Jul 30, 9:47 am

Acer Aspire 3003 I bought an Acer Aspire 3003 off here for my daughter but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to get the sound to go, i'm assuming it must have sound, right? I have tried searching for an online instruction manual but all i find is ones for sale. Any help appreciated, also if anyone has the same make and does have an instruction manual i would be happy to pay for a photocopy....

geek_davicija, Jul 30, 9:47 am

So this isnt the correct user manual then? http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_3000.html then just goto the bottom of the page to technical documentation, manuals & guides & select as3000_5000_en from the dropdown tab for the english manual. Also check device manager first to see if the sound drivers are actually installed? also there are a number of laptops that the sound doesnt work due to a bug in xp sp2 update, if its using windows xp & the drivers seem to be installed. You can get the patch for this from the microsoft site. I helped fix the same issue with another persons laptop last week due to this.

geek_mysteryman007, Jul 30, 10:12 am

So this isnt the correct user manual then? http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_3000.html then just goto the bottom of the page to technical documentation, manuals & guides & select as3000_5000_en from the dropdown tab for the english manual. Also check device manager first to see if the sound drivers are actually installed? also there are a number of laptops that the sound doesnt work due to a bug in xp sp2 update, if its using windows xp & the drivers seem to be installed. You can get the patch for this from the microsoft site. I helped fix the same issue with another persons laptop last week due to this.

geek_mysteryman007, Jul 30, 10:12 am

Thank you thank you i will check out : )

geek_davicija, Jul 30, 10:19 am

Thank you thank you i will check out : )

geek_davicija, Jul 30, 10:19 am

Sound Check you haven't muted sound. Hold function key and toggle f8.

geek_goodgod, Jul 30, 8:36 pm

If sound drivers are not installed what do i need to purchase?

geek_davicija, Aug 1, 9:26 am

Nothing they are free from the manufacturers website.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 1, 10:31 am

Still no sound apparently the driver is there and working finebut we have no soundnothing appears to be on mute...any other ideas?????
Please

geek_davicija, Aug 2, 10:24 am

Plug a set of head phones in just to make sure it's not the speakers that are dead

geek_mford007, Aug 2, 10:28 am

Look for a sound icon in the system tray explore the left and right click options, advanced stuff too. There will be more than one volume setting. The "wav" one needs to be up near max, and no tick in the mute box.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 2, 1:00 pm