Acer

Acer A mates looking at getting a Acer eMachine. Can you guys tell me how crap Acer is so my mate would believe me haha.

geek_jancemord, Aug 18, 7:10 pm

Acers are the best!! Build quality, after-sales service, price you can't beat them!

geek_dunedin_ree, Aug 18, 7:12 pm

What ya smoking

geek_jancemord, Aug 18, 7:12 pm

As for an eMachine I would take that over a Mac Pro any day of the week.

geek_dunedin_ree, Aug 18, 7:13 pm

Hey, dunedin_ree, I've got some lovely coastal property for sale, real cheap. Just phone me for an appointment to view; I have to check what the tides are doing. Also, would you like to invest in my Portobello to Port Chalmers bridge?

geek_osymandias, Aug 18, 10:06 pm

Oh, btw, ACERs rock!!!! keeping computer techs employed since whenever...

geek_osymandias, Aug 18, 10:08 pm

Sweet I already have a crib on the low tide mudflats in the harbour, it'll be a nice addition to my portfolio.

geek_dunedin_ree, Aug 18, 10:08 pm

I won't recommend them as my wife got one back in May and she still hasn't seen her cashback. Acer have stuffed her around so much with their lies, I'd hate to see what it would be like if she had to get it fixed.

geek_badcam, Aug 18, 10:12 pm

Yeah, badcam, I think that's why no one has answered op seriously. Customer service aside they are just shonkily designed crap. I actually had a chance to compare an acer logic board to an asus one recently, both for a 945 chipset. The acer one had all electrolytic caps, was thinner and the cooling system consisted of a fan and a hole above the CPU. It was just crap, the PSU components looked half as robust as the ASUS.. etc etc

geek_osymandias, Aug 18, 10:23 pm

I figured that. But I just had to say what I had to say. Acer Sucks.

geek_badcam, Aug 18, 10:26 pm

There should be a campaign; Friends don't let friends buy Acers.

geek_osymandias, Aug 18, 10:31 pm

and for warranty issues, they get sent to Sydney...

geek_nzmu, Aug 19, 6:25 am

Yes to the above But there is another thread on here somewhere. A guy said that about 30% of Acers go back for warranty work. He is/was a repairman. I checked this out with a salesman at DSE and he reluctantly agreed that Acer had more warranty claims that Asus.

Having said that I have an Acer Aspire 5310, the real entry level laptop at the end of 2007. I have never had a problem.

geek_rawill, Aug 19, 7:38 am

Apart from the broken hinge soft metal,I haven't had a problem.I still use it.if anyone has a acer travelmate 4150 for parts,hinges,look at my thread,PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW

geek_morab, Aug 19, 8:22 am