how to save a server test result to floppy disk

ALT-C Save -DD -bX -CX -iX -tX options in LSTOPT. bat . Theseseem to be the commands to use to save the results but how to save the test result file that shows on the screen. There is no file that looks like STOPT. bat on either of the diagnostic floppy disks.

geek_olack, Dec 23, 3:07 pm

test results: olack has a floppy? whaaa-t?

geek_0800xford, Dec 23, 3:18 pm

what the heck are you still using floppies for?

geek_pcmaster, Dec 23, 3:32 pm

i know aye, olack, wtf man? ha ha

geek_0800xford, Dec 23, 3:36 pm

try programname > outputfilename

http://www. robvanderwoude.com/redirection. php

geek_mark.p, Dec 23, 3:48 pm

looks like another classic olack moment! I gotta start logging these somewhere.

geek_pcmaster, Dec 23, 3:49 pm

lol. . . . surely it's a joke?

geek_dawnpatrolla, Dec 23, 4:01 pm

i want to say "darwin awards" but they result in death and olack miraculously lives on. . .

what's your secret? fresh air? exercise? m&ms by the handful?

geek_0800xford, Dec 23, 4:16 pm

He has a few 261746472. Flexible too.

geek_mark.p, Dec 23, 4:24 pm

your, doing it, again. . .

geek_0800xford, Dec 23, 4:30 pm

Paraniod? You're not that special I'm afraid.

geek_mark.p, Dec 23, 4:32 pm

schizophrenic troll

[not a question]

geek_0800xford, Dec 23, 4:34 pm

aaah i get it now

geek_0800xford, Dec 23, 4:36 pm

Finally! !

geek_mark.p, Dec 23, 4:37 pm

i know, it took you long enough.

geek_0800xford, Dec 23, 4:37 pm

mark. p 100% thank you. Now at a screen LST C:/*. *, 1 of 68, Used: 4683K, Free: 11580K , then a list all the diagnostic files and at the bottom is the ddgui. txt which is what I think I want to copy to a floppy disk. The command I have on the screen is labelled DIAG C:\> and if I enter A: it seems to want to become DIAG A:\>. When the DDGUI. TXT file is selected and typecopy ddgui. txtmessage appears, File not found 0 file(s) copied . The file I want is DDGUI. TXT . Can I copy the file to the diskette?

geek_olack, Dec 24, 10:58 am

ok, so I looked at the link, and typedcopy>ddgui. txt and I am told filename(s) required.

geek_olack, Dec 24, 11:00 am

While in C:\ try "copy ddgui. txt a:" without quotes. Assuming there's enough room on the floppy it should copy over.

http://www.computerhope.com/copyhlp. htm for more info.

geek_mark.p, Dec 24, 1:53 pm

ok, will try later, thank you. C: is a ram drive for the diagnostics. To make things easy I have web cammed the results on anothe pc. Have a Very Merry Christmas.

geek_olack, Dec 24, 4:51 pm

You're welcome. You have a good xmas as well eh.

commandline tools still have their uses in this day and age. Must be some setup you have there ;).

geek_mark.p, Dec 24, 4:54 pm

I ran the command as from the A: drive and I see there is a 0 file copied to the floppy, then changed the command to the C: drive and it copied. Fantastic, thank you. . . . . I think I ate your mince tart.

geek_olack, Dec 24, 8:30 pm

Lol "copy c:ddgui. txt a:" or just "copy c:ddgui. txt" on the a: would have worked too.

A list of other dos internal commands-http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/i/intecomm. htm

geek_mark.p, Dec 24, 8:36 pm