Any opinions on Printer cartridge ink refill kits?

jack47, Dec 23, 6:50am
I was thinking of trying an ink refill kit for my Canon MP140 printer.
Anyone used these? What are the pros and cons.
cheers.

soodanim, Dec 23, 6:54am
Compatible inks are easier and cleaner and in some cases cheaper.

I use www. ezyink.co.nz for my canon compatible inks. Costs me around $50 for 5 cartridges.

footplate1, Dec 23, 7:23am
I use them in my Canon MX700. The sensors for ink levels hate them but it is possible to over-ride that.

soodanim, Dec 23, 7:27am
Use what?

That is a good point though, make sure the compatible inks come with the chip, some require you to remove them from the old cartridges. The compatible ink I use come with chips and don't cause any problems.

gyrogearloose, Dec 23, 10:13am
I use the bottles and syringes to refill the genuine cartridges in my iP3000, the quality is exactly the same (I don't print photo's).

richms, Dec 23, 10:23am
If you dont print photos then you have no way of knowing if the quality is the same.

I was told by someone who works with inks as a printer, that for them a 1% change in viscosity of the ink is a major problem, and he was saying that inkjets are even more sensitive to viscosity and surface tension changes than offset which is why they dont get the aftermarkets for their large ones.

I have seen the same in mine - solid colours print fine, but gradients are all messed up because the printer is trying to fire drops with ink that behaves totally different to what they intended. Some inks will come with an icc profile you can load to sort it out, but all the cheap aftermarkets I have tried have just been generic inks across a whole range of printers so are so far off where they should be that no amount of colour correction gets things right.

footplate1, Dec 23, 11:14pm
Canon cartridges refilled through (mainly) "Take Note".

Use what?

That is a good point though, make sure the compatible inks come with the chip, some require you to remove them from the old cartridges. The compatible ink I use come with chips and don't cause any problems. [/quote]

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)