adobe non profit license

I have been given the task of building a website for my dads motorcycle/car club. I am looking for an Adobe CS4 Web Standard/Premium package.
What license would qualify for non-profit organisation.
I see the education license, you don??t need I. D if purchased through trademe. The commercial license is a rip off and there is a grey line as the club is not profit but gst registered.
Would they qualify for the education license? , it is not the student license.

Adobe do have discounts for non-profit organisations, but only in USA/Canada, they don??t care about the rest of the world.

geek_mycool87, Dec 2, 7:23 pm

No. It's not education.

BTW for something like that I'd install Wordpress. No coding required, just Gimp or similar to edit photos.

geek_dunedin_ree, Dec 2, 7:25 pm

Yep, if you don't like the pricetag of the Adobe products there are plenty of free alternative available.

geek_vtecintegra, Dec 2, 7:45 pm

The price isn??t nice, but the sponsor money would cover the one off cost anyway. The good thing with the package is it comes with contribute, because I certainly aren??t keeping the information up to date. I thinking buying direct from adobe might be cheaper. The retailers are selling it over 2500 grand. I can get it from adobe shop online for about $1800 nz.

geek_mycool87, Dec 2, 7:57 pm

Would Contribute mean you have to install licenced software on whoever's computer is updating the information?

If so, bad idea. (I uninstalled it . . . someone else needs to update . . . a virus ate my computer . . . I left the club . . . etc).

Login to website - update through the gui - save. Possible with more than a few mature, well-used products that cost nothing at all.

I think you're shooting for a $1000 solution to a $100 problem.

geek_dunedin_ree, Dec 2, 8:17 pm

Contribute would be installed on a club laptop.

geek_mycool87, Dec 2, 8:28 pm

My comments still apply to that situation. Having been involved in more than a few collaborative projects you need to remove all possible barriers to being able to update information.

Contribute is just adding a barrier.

geek_dunedin_ree, Dec 2, 8:30 pm

Sounds like you are set on buying the adobe suite for some reason in spite of the advice here. Having dealt with clubs and the like myself as well, a central application held off clubs or club members computers is the best way to go. Most of the CMS solutions out there are free. If you can not set one up yourself on the hosting server then pay a few bucks and get someone who can. Then anyone you give access to in the admin can make changes without the need for any additional software.

geek_thunderstorm, Dec 2, 9:12 pm

Why are you trying to get a not for profit organisation spend a couple of grand on website software? There are literally hundreds of free open source CMS solutions out there. Just keep it simple.

geek_sighthound1, Dec 3, 3:18 am

Or just work fast and use the free 30 day demo.

geek_hdmovies, Dec 3, 7:40 am

I have lowered the software price to just under a grand.
Dreamweaver and Contribute. The club is not paying for the software, they got some someone to sponsor the website, as for the hosting, that??s the cheap part.
Also they are not short of dough. The reason why I want to use contribute is the people who will update it are not computer illiterate.
Plus some opensource software does have limitations. I decided to use the gimp + the web slice filter instead of fireworks.
My dad is having a meeting tonight with the comittee about the pricing.

geek_mycool87, Dec 3, 7:36 pm

I still think a CMS would work better in the long run.

geek_vtecintegra, Dec 3, 7:37 pm

Ok, I will look into it, and see what it is like.

geek_mycool87, Dec 3, 7:43 pm

Ok, thanks for mentioning that.
I think I might just get dreamweaver, and use gimp instead of fireworks.
The web host I was looking at is openhost, they have a application library for there linux servers, they have 2 cms apps, postnuke and mambo. Mambo looks pretty good and more powerful than contribute.

geek_mycool87, Dec 3, 8:03 pm

Tosh Computers legally sell education editions of Adobe products on TM and also have their own website. They don't require proof of educational id. Products have full serial numbers and can be used immediatelty. Been using Abobe products for nearly 20 years and they are the best. Well worth the money - you won't regret it.

geek_maree1965, Dec 3, 8:11 pm