help brother dcp110c printer

pussy01, Oct 15, 7:24am
have just changed the ink carts and all the mechanics work fine to print but nothing on page. . . has any one got a very cheap or easy fix?

0800xford, Oct 15, 7:49am
what does the manual say? my printer needs to be "loaded" when i put new ink in it, to fill the reservoirs. you know when your car runs out of petrol, all the lines are empty, so it takes a while for the lines to fill up again.

gyrogearloose, Oct 15, 8:15am
Did the new cartridges have a clear plastic film over the ink outlet that you should have ripped off before installing into the printer?

pussy01, Oct 15, 8:19am
nothey had a plastic type cap. . and did hear a slight hiss when i loaded themi don't thinkthats the prob. . . maybe the ink jets or what ever they are are blocked?

erdrick, Oct 15, 8:29am
I have a Brother MFC 210c which must be similar model. Had the same problem once, just had to keep running the cleaning process until the ink came through. Took ages, but it worked eventually.

pussy01, Oct 15, 8:36am
thanks erdrick

esdott, Oct 15, 10:30am
dont run the cleaning process, it just wastes ink. Use a cotton bud dampened, with isopropyl alchohol, costs about $4 from the chemist, used for cleaning holes in ears after piercing, remove cartridges carefully, as they will release ink, carefully clean holes where the ink sits, allow to dry, then replace cartridges. the hiss you heard was air getting into the printer and unbalancing the pressure, causing an effective blockage, dont touch the cartridges with the iso, as it will be very messy. , give the base of the cartridge a wipe with a dry handi towel. Use this method every couple of ink chnages and it will avoid future blockages

pussy01, Oct 15, 7:24am
have just changed the ink carts and all the mechanics work fine to print but nothing on page...has any one got a very cheap or easy fix?

0800xford, Oct 15, 7:49am
what does the manual say? my printer needs to be "loaded" when i put new ink in it, to fill the reservoirs. you know when your car runs out of petrol, all the lines are empty, so it takes a while for the lines to fill up again.

gyrogearloose, Oct 15, 8:15am
Did the new cartridges have a clear plastic film over the ink outlet that you should have ripped off before installing into the printer?

pussy01, Oct 15, 8:19am
nothey had a plastic type cap..and did hear a slight hiss when i loaded themi don't thinkthats the prob...maybe the ink jets or what ever they are are blocked?

erdrick, Oct 15, 8:29am
I have a Brother MFC 210c which must be similar model.Had the same problem once, just had to keep running the cleaning process until the ink came through.Took ages, but it worked eventually.

esdott, Oct 15, 10:30am
dont run the cleaning process, it just wastes ink. Use a cotton bud dampened, with isopropyl alchohol, costs about $4 from the chemist, used for cleaning holes in ears after piercing,remove cartridges carefully, as they will release ink, carefully clean holes where the ink sits, allow to dry, then replace cartridges. the hiss you heard was air getting into the printer and unbalancing the pressure, causing an effective blockage, dont touch the cartridges with the iso, as it will be very messy., give the base of the cartridge a wipe with a dry handi towel. Use this method every couple of ink chnages and it will avoid future blockages

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)