So what happens to the PCs instore with vista?

drcspy, Oct 22, 4:59am
the buyer gets offered an upgrade to win7 for a 'small' fee. . . . .

r.g.nixon, Oct 22, 5:32am
But the customers will see the W7 version and buy that one instead. Wait a few weeks for some big discounts!

pootinarna, Oct 22, 5:37am
yeah and then ya need to go through a whole lot of Shite on the microslop site and have a credit card to pay for said small fee to get ya copy mailed to you. be nice if ya could just go into the store and hand over the upgrade form and get a copy over the counter.

and from what Ive read 7 aint all its cracked up to be anyway.

granted cant be worse than vista but. . . .

cb34gs, Oct 22, 6:20am
I was one of many who tested Win 7 and found it pretty good. I use 3D CAD Software - a couple of different brands and they ran rather sweetly. I ran a version from a couple of years back and no problems. As for setting up home network, happened quicker than I thought and without fuss. Yeap, I would use it on my laptop which has Vista, desktop has Win 7 and the desktop is a couple of years old.

drcspy, Oct 22, 4:59am
the buyer gets offered an upgrade to win7 for a 'small' fee.....

r.g.nixon, Oct 22, 5:32am
But the customers will see the W7 version and buy that one instead. Wait a few weeks for some big discounts!

pootinarna, Oct 22, 5:37am
yeah and then ya need to go through a whole lot of Shite on the microslop site and have a credit card to pay for said small fee to get ya copy mailed to you. be nice if ya could just go into the store and hand over the upgrade form and get a copy over the counter.

and from what Ive read 7 aint all its cracked up to be anyway.

granted cant be worse than vista but....

cb34gs, Oct 22, 6:20am
I was one of many who tested Win 7 and found it pretty good. I use 3D CAD Software - a couple of different brands and they ran rather sweetly. I ran a version from a couple of years back and no problems. As for setting up home network, happened quicker than I thought and without fuss. Yeap, I would use it on my laptop which has Vista, desktop has Win 7 and the desktop is a couple of years old.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)