canon printer help please Page 1 / 2

michellemc, Oct 27, 5:20am
my printer not that old it's a canon that can print cd labels the pixma the problem is the yellow is not working i tryed a new cardridge didn't help I used the maintenance setting did a nozzle check and clean all seems well any other suggestions please

0800xford, Oct 27, 5:35am
the printer saga continues aye

michellemc, Oct 27, 6:07am
what you mean 0800xford it was a dvd writer b4 everything seems to be not goingright for me keep your sarcasm to yourself please I thought this is a help column we all not computer wizards

jeremy_74, Oct 27, 6:09am
Is it printing the test page with yellow do you mean?
Are they genuine canon ink tanks?

michellemc, Oct 27, 6:10am
yes they are when i print test page the yellow barely show up

0800xford, Oct 27, 6:15am
calm down lady, there was no sarcasm in there. edit: search the username. . . surprisingly no CIP

jeremy_74, Oct 27, 6:23am
Was it used for a while without yellow ink? Canon printers shouldnt be used without ink as the ink act's as a coolant and you can burn out the printhead.
Might be a blockage if your lucky as printheads are expensive.
Try removing the ink tanks then the printhead and running warm (not hot) water over the printhead for 5mins. Be careful not to get water/ink on the electronic parts.
Make sure it's dry before putting back into the printer, maybe use a hair dryer but not too close as you dont want to melt anything.
Once I had a bad blockage and left the printhead soaking in soapy water (dishwashing liquid) overnight, just covering the bottom where the nozzles are.

sparkyz, Oct 27, 6:27am
Michelle,
Have you tried the Canon nozzle clean function?
If that doesn't work, you probably have a blocked print head.

Canon use a print head that is separate to the cartridge. It keeps the cartridge price down, but it is expensive to replace the print head if it blocks. Usually cheaper to buy a new printer.
Google has heaps of ways to try to unblock them. Hope you have better luck than I did with my last Canon.

michellemc, Oct 27, 6:32am
will this problem you suggesting be cover under warranteed

dunedin_ree, Oct 27, 6:36am
This is NOT a help column.

Sometimes people are generous to offer help, but this is not a "free computer help" forum.

0800xford, Oct 27, 6:43am
"Community Message Board" so many threads from you recently, maybe take a computer course or find a tech minded person to help you.

jeremy_74, Oct 27, 6:44am
You could try I guess but as long as you have always used genuine canon ink.

deodar, Oct 27, 6:58am
Therein lies an insightful hunch. Well iS IT?

deodar, Oct 27, 6:59am
& canons send messages re ink problems, why not print that one?

gyrogearloose, Oct 27, 7:08am
I've got a Canon iP3000 and initially it printed photo's and CD's vividly, but the colors became muddy after a while, even if I put brand new cartridges in. If I warmed it up, say by printing 5 trial prints, the colour would begin to come right, but it used an awful lot of ink and blank disks! And the cartridges were expensive. Eventually it got down to it's last chance, I gave up trying to print photo's altogether, and I bought a kit with 3 bottles of colour ink and syringes. I top the cartridges up at the first warning, never let them run dry, always keep the ink in the dark. The colour's not perfect but I swear it's better than the genuine Canon ink.

michellemc, Oct 27, 7:29am
thanks everyone for your help i live in a small town not much help here on computer etc and it's hard when you a solo mum can not afford computer tech like to get advise here first thanks again

deodar, Oct 27, 7:57am
gyro my colours wierd on photos with'real' cartridges, I have 2 Pixies
in 'reserve' (they were cheaper than ink) but also heaps of syringes!
Do the ink hits have any side effects?

gyrogearloose, Oct 27, 8:04am
The instructions say to inject 2ml into the bottom first, before topping. Have lots of tissue handy, it could get messy.

jeremy_74, Oct 27, 8:15am
Class A ink?

0800xford, Oct 27, 8:58am
and needles to say, deodar was never invited back to bingo night at the rsa

jeremy_74, Oct 27, 6:09am
Is it printing the test page with yellow do you mean?
Are they genuine canon ink tanks?

0800xford, Oct 27, 6:15am
calm down lady, there was no sarcasm in there. edit: search the username... surprisingly no CIP

jeremy_74, Oct 27, 6:23am
Was it used for a while without yellow ink? Canon printers shouldnt be used without ink as the ink act's as a coolant and you can burn out the printhead.
Might be a blockage if your lucky as printheads are expensive.
Try removing the ink tanks then the printhead and running warm (not hot) water over the printhead for 5mins. Be careful not to get water/ink on the electronic parts.
Make sure it's dry before putting back into the printer, maybe use a hair dryer but not too close as you dont want to melt anything.
Once I had a bad blockage and left the printhead soaking in soapy water (dishwashing liquid) overnight, just covering the bottom where the nozzles are.

sparkyz, Oct 27, 6:27am
Michelle,
Have you tried the Canon nozzle clean function?
If that doesn't work, you probably have a blocked print head.

Canon use a print head that is separate to the cartridge. It keeps the cartridge price down, but it is expensive to replace the print head if it blocks. Usually cheaper to buy a new printer.
Google has heaps of ways to try to unblock them. Hope you have better luck than I did with my last Canon.

dunedin_ree, Oct 27, 6:36am
This is NOT a help column.

Sometimes people are generous to offer help, but this is not a "free computer help" forum.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)