Access 2007 Help

Please see http://jzm.co.nz/Files//Images/Access. png. What I want to do is all the above fields I want them to add up in the total box - once this is done the other boxes should be easy. How could this be achieved.

geek_jancemord, Oct 27, 9:14 am

Press F1 for Access help, and then type in your question and press the search button.

geek_gyrogearloose, Oct 27, 10:05 am

1 click on view, that will bring you into the design view
2 double click on "Total text box" it will bring up the total text properties box.
3 click Format and use the drop down arrow to find ???Currency???
4 click on ???data tab???
5 click on ???control source??? it will bring up a drop down arrow and three dots icon. "click on ???three dots icon???
6 that will bring you into Expression Builder
- once you inside the expression builder
7 click "=" and then choose the text box number you wish to add. from the "<Form> field" (each text box has its own number. )
eg =[text0]+[text2]+[text3]etc. . .

eg Slingshot text box should have a "number or name" to find that out you need to go back to design view and click on properties, that will show you the text box number or name.

have fun. . .

geek_bluedemon, Oct 27, 10:46 am

Tried http://jzm.co.nz/Files//Images/Access. png. but no page. If you are summing differnent feilds the do it in a query for example in query design view enter "Field1+Field2+Field3&quo-
t;

geek_eurika, Oct 27, 10:47 am

http://jzm.co.nz/Files/Images/Access. png

geek_jancemord, Oct 27, 10:54 am

Thanks Blue, I have entered = [Accounting] + [ACC Levies] + [Entertainment 50%] + [Slingshot] + [Assets] + [Fees] + [Cartage] + [Insurance 25%] + [Insurance] + [Lease] + [Materials] + [Mobile] + [Phone 75%] + [Power 25%] + [Subcontractors] + [Stationary] + [Rates 25%] + [Livestock] + [Repairs & Maintanance] + [Fuel] + [Travel] + [Vehicle]but I get told its to long. What do I do now?

geek_jancemord, Oct 27, 11:05 am

Ok you need to go into design view for the form. select each text box and search it's properties for it's name and take note. once you have found the names of all the text boxes you want to sum, create a new text box. Go to that boxes properties and find the field thats refers to the data source. Type in each textbox name with a plus sign between each. Been a while since i build a db so if that does'nt work the enclose the name of each textbox with quotes e. g "textbox name" good luck

geek_eurika, Oct 27, 11:05 am

if you like, zip it up and send it to me, username @ gmail place, just leave a message when you have as i dont check that box offen

geek_mrtoken, Oct 27, 11:06 am

hey it should all fit in. . . i have just tried to add 30 text box name in. yeah make sure each the text box name is correct. . . .

geek_bluedemon, Oct 27, 11:27 am

My suggestion is that it would be easier to do this in Excel, rather than Access. You could just use the Excel SUM(. . . ) command, and adding new expenditure analysis would be much simpler. For example, if you changed from Slingshot to any other ISP, or added [Depreciation] or any other category, you would need to edit the Access code instructions that you are asking help with.

geek_gyrogearloose, Oct 27, 11:47 am

it is currently in excel - doing it for my aunty as she keeps on getting confused and deleting the functions - once I do it once I will have the hang of it

geek_jancemord, Oct 27, 12:13 pm

You have mail

geek_jancemord, Oct 27, 12:16 pm

cheers, i will have a look at it when i get home (around 3)

geek_mrtoken, Oct 27, 12:35 pm

Please see http://jzm.co.nz/Files//Images/Access.png.What I want to do is all the above fields I want them to add up in the total box - once this is done the other boxes should be easy. How could this be achieved.

geek_jancemord, Oct 27, 9:14 am

Press F1 for Access help, and then type in your question and press the search button.

geek_gyrogearloose, Oct 27, 10:05 am

1 click on view, that will bring you into the design view
2 double click on "Total text box" it will bring up the total text properties box.
3 click Format and use the drop down arrow to find ???Currency???
4 click on ???data tab???
5 click on ???control source??? it will bring up a drop down arrow and three dots icon. "click on ???three dots icon???
6 that will bring you into Expression Builder
- once you inside the expression builder
7 click "=" and then choose the text box number you wish to add. from the "<Form> field" (each text box has its own number.)
eg =[text0]+[text2]+[text3]etc...

eg Slingshot text box should have a "number or name" to find that out you need to go back to design view and click on properties, that will show you the text box number or name.

have fun...

geek_bluedemon, Oct 27, 10:46 am

Tried http://jzm.co.nz/Files//Images/Access.png. but no page. If you are summing differnent feilds the do it in a query for example in query design view enter "Field1+Field2+Field3&quo-
t;

geek_eurika, Oct 27, 10:47 am

geek_jancemord, Oct 27, 10:54 am

Thanks Blue, I have entered = [Accounting] + [ACC Levies] + [Entertainment 50%] + [Slingshot] + [Assets] + [Fees] + [Cartage] + [Insurance 25%] + [Insurance] + [Lease] + [Materials] + [Mobile] + [Phone 75%] + [Power 25%] + [Subcontractors] + [Stationary] + [Rates 25%] + [Livestock] + [Repairs & Maintanance] + [Fuel] + [Travel] + [Vehicle]but I get told its to long.What do I do now?

geek_jancemord, Oct 27, 11:05 am

Ok you need to go into design view for the form. select each text box and search it's properties for it's name and take note. once you have found the names of all the text boxes you want to sum, create a new text box. Go to that boxes properties and find the field thats refers to the data source. Type in each textbox name with a plus sign between each. Been a while since i build a db so if that does'nt work the enclose the name of each textbox with quotes e.g "textbox name" good luck

geek_eurika, Oct 27, 11:05 am

if you like, zip it up and send it to me, username @ gmail place, just leave a message when you have as i dont check that box offen

geek_mrtoken, Oct 27, 11:06 am

hey it should all fit in... i have just tried to add 30 text box name in. yeah make sure each the text box name is correct....

geek_bluedemon, Oct 27, 11:27 am

My suggestion is that it would be easier to do this in Excel, rather than Access. You could just use the Excel SUM(...) command, and adding new expenditure analysis would be much simpler. For example, if you changed from Slingshot to any other ISP, or added [Depreciation] or any other category, you would need to edit the Access code instructions that you are asking help with.

geek_gyrogearloose, Oct 27, 11:47 am

cheers, i will have a look at it when i get home (around 3)

geek_mrtoken, Oct 27, 12:35 pm