Help downloading Adobe Shockwave

I am trying to download shockwave, but this warning message keeps popping up... "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. " Can anyone please help?

geek_naki45, Feb 1, 10:52 pm

Post your link (URL) so we can test it.

geek_r.g.nixon, Feb 1, 11:21 pm

http://get. adobe.com/shockwave/

geek_naki45, Feb 1, 11:26 pm

download: to acquire from the internet
install: to 'run' a program/file

you're trying to RUN the shockwave file aren't you.
how did you go about downloading it ? Did you clik 'save' or 'save as' then double clik the file to run it ? or did you clik on the download link then clik 'run/open' ?

either way just google your exact error message you'll find heaps of info ("Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item")

oh and when you post a question please state the version of windows you are running because theres about 8 different versions and the methods for fixing problems vary with almost all of them.

geek_drcspy, Feb 2, 5:30 am

Thanks.
I am on Vista, on our fairly new Compaq Presario Laptop.
I don't even get to click on "run" or "save", as the other message pops up straight away and no other boxes pop up at all. Just nothing happens from the webpage at all.
I have Flash installed no problems, but for some reason just unable to download the shockwave... .

geek_naki45, Feb 2, 11:50 am