Microsoft Access 2007 run time error help

I downloaded the access 2007 run time from the official site size of 56mb. I have uninstalled previous office(2002) just encase problems arise. So after the install i decided to run the program but when the application starts i get this error message:

'Can t find database you specified you didn t specify database all.
Specify a valid database name in the command line, and include a path if necessary. '

I looked around Google but still can't find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

geek_king35, Feb 7, 12:18 pm

Sounds like you need to make a shortcut to the program, with a target database name as an argument.

geek_r.g.nixon, Feb 7, 1:32 pm

You mite know how to do that? I tried some Access Recovery program... . but didn't help at all.

geek_king35, Feb 7, 1:49 pm

You do not usually run a run time version of Access. Normal thing to do is to associate the access database file type (probably accdb) with the run time program, then open the database file.

geek_theunicorn, Feb 7, 1:56 pm

In the words of Microsoft: "The Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime enables you to distribute Access 2007 applications to users who do not have the full version of Access 2007 installed on their computers".

ie; you've compiled an Access 2007 application, and want to run this on another computer that does not have Access 2007. The runtime doesn't give you the functionality to develop Access 2007 applications, like the full version of Office 2002 you mentioned or any full or trial version of access.

Assuming this is what you're trying to do, here's a link to what the shortcut looks like, as #2 said:" http://msdn. microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb501030. aspx

geek_gyrogearloose, Feb 7, 7:13 pm

gyrogearloose wrote:
In the words of Microsoft: "The Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime enables you to distribute Access 2007 applications to users who do not have the full version of Access 2007 installed on their computers".

ie; you've compiled an Access 2007 application, and want to run this on another computer that does not have Access 2007. The runtime doesn't give you the functionality to develop Access 2007 applications, like the full version of Office 2002 you mentioned or any full or trial version of access.

Assuming this is what you're trying to do, here's a link to what the shortcut looks like, as #2 said:" http://msdn. microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb501030. aspx[/quote
]

I see, guess i have to buy office 2007. Wanted to see if there was a standalone Access. Thanks again guys.

geek_king35, Feb 7, 8:12 pm

You want to make databases?
It is possible to do that with OpenOffice.org (free). To do it properly, you would have to follow a guide closely, or have knowledge of designing relational databases. If you have only one table, you may as well use Excel.

geek_r.g.nixon, Feb 7, 8:26 pm

\

Ya i ill try it again tomorrow then. Have to find data related etc and 'have' to use Access. Just found out access is only found on Professional and ultimate and cost almost gives you heart attack.

geek_king35, Feb 7, 11:06 pm

It's totally poo as well, overdeveloped while usably limited.

Things like the database continually growing (without adding records) and the file going corrupt when you hit that 2GB mark makes you wonder why such highly paid M$ programmers are shorting out their brains with such cheap crack.

geek_cybertao, Feb 7, 11:17 pm

O i see. im currently reading 'Teach yourself Visually Microsoft Access 2007' to get a better understanding. Looks reasonable, ya Microsoft is really going into the dump. Since Xp i don't think they made a well reliable program. I am always uncomfortable buying MS stuff.

geek_king35, Feb 7, 11:28 pm

You obviously don't remember XP at launch. O/Ss generally improve with age, which is why 7 is so impressive (its fast and stable pre SP1, unheard of)

Also Access 2007 is considerably better than earlier versions, but still only really useful for building front ends to a real database (like SQL Server)

geek_vtecintegra, Feb 7, 11:39 pm