Printer (HP) not working with windows7?

katesdelight, Mar 20, 11:42pm
Have downloaded all drivers and defaulted printer plus have had HP website do a system check, but the printer still wont print? any help will be greatly appreciated.

gibler, Mar 21, 12:37am
and the model is... ?

lythande1, Mar 21, 12:40am
Does it have an actual WIn 7 driver? 64bit or 32bit? Cause it matters... . Also check the obvious. Turned on, not offline, ink full etc.
New printer or old? Worked before or hadn't tried it?

katesdelight, Mar 21, 12:45am
HP series 5180.

katesdelight, Mar 21, 12:48am
32bit and all the obvious checked but it does seem like an obvious that I'm missing. printer about a year old, when I hit the print icon another window comes up aking for a file. Cheers.

johnlyn, Mar 21, 1:08am
Go to file then print... then choose the printer that way?

fraseroz1, Mar 21, 1:21am
Seems that default printer is not set. Go into printers and faxes and right click the printer and set as default.

katesdelight, Mar 21, 1:27am
I have gone to file then print but still wont print. Cheers.

katesdelight, Mar 21, 1:28am
Have defaulted the printer as well. It's a conundrum! Cheers.

ntalke, Mar 21, 2:22am
Did you have the printer plugged in when you upgraded to Win 7? (assuming you have upgraded) , as Had the same problem with a Epson.
Unplug printer , un install software that Win 7 installs, load software that comes with printer

katesdelight, Mar 21, 2:30am
Yes I've done that, uninstalled then let Win 7 install. Thanks.

ntalke, Mar 21, 2:48am
What I meant was don't let Win 7 install it's software for your printer, you do it with your printer software

katesdelight, Mar 21, 2:51am
Will give that a try now.

katesdelight, Mar 21, 3:13am
No it still isn't working. The 2 CD's with the printer are not compatible with win 7. One is for XP and under the other is for vista. Thanks.

johnlyn, Mar 21, 3:18am
Checked all cables? USB?

ntalke, Mar 21, 3:29am
Did you get the correct Drivers for Win 7? http://is. gd/aQXOB

katesdelight, Mar 21, 4:48am
All cables checked plus I read the instructions for the printer and it said to make sure the printer is not connected when installing so I uninstalled again went onto HP website downloaded the win 7 drivers and wouldn't you know it my broadband is playing up! But it did look more hopeful doing it that way. Will try again later. Thank you.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)