VPN Access

Does anyone know what broadband speed you need to be able to access a VPN?

geek_helen00, Mar 22, 12:12 pm

I haven't heard of any speed requirement.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 22, 1:14 pm

I tried at work once using 9. 6kbps. Worked. Just.

geek_huggy5, Mar 22, 1:19 pm

My partner is working in oz atm and the broadband speed there is around 5. 5mbpsand i have just done a speed test here and its 1. 2mbps i was just worried that it might make for a bad connection with it dropping out? or maybe it wouldnt work at all? Telecom tells me we are not due to have the ADSL2 in our area until the end of the year! It will make for a bad day if hes not able to access the VPN from home which is why i was wondering if it made a difference.

geek_helen00, Mar 22, 1:23 pm

It shouldn't drop out.
If you are looking at images, you might want to drop to 256 colours (8 bit) for more speed.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 22, 1:28 pm

There's no speed requirement to access a VPN. . but obviously the slower your connection is the slower the VPN connection will be. You shouldn't have any issues with dropping out unless you do already.

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 22, 1:28 pm

There's no speed requirement to access a VPN.. but obviously the slower your connection is the slower the VPN connection will be. You shouldn't have any issues with dropping out unless you do already.

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 22, 1:28 pm

Nope no issues that i know of, itsmainly for emails and uploading small/med size files so sounds like we should be ok.

Cheers :)

geek_helen00, Mar 22, 1:37 pm