internet explorer vs mozilla firefox question.

why has my computer been so crappy recently on explorer yet now goes as good as new on firefox, ? well for now anyway, i dont want to hear because explorer is crap but why so sluggish on that browser, it makes my computer go like its ready for the bin, is there a reason?

geek_mikeynz13, Apr 18, 8:47 pm

which version of ie?
have you installed any third party extensions or 'add ons'?
you could try resetting it to it's defaults.

geek_0800xford, Apr 18, 9:02 pm

IE is slower anyway.
And you probably have extra toolbars. And you may have too much history, too large a cache or some malware. IE attracts malware better than Firefox does.

geek_r.g.nixon, Apr 18, 9:04 pm

ie8 downloaded just a day or two back , no different than before , as for my history usually clean them out fairly often no extensions much , may go back and restore defaults setting as well , its not the fact that it freezez on pages and slow as crap its the thought that the puter may be stuffed , have also done spybot malware check too.

geek_mikeynz13, Apr 18, 9:16 pm

try google chrome. Its fast and awesome

www.google.com/chrome

geek_smiley4, Apr 18, 9:54 pm

Or give ccleaner a run to clear out any file-overcrowding, free from www.filehippo.com.

geek_erwins69, Apr 18, 9:57 pm

AGreed. Moved from 15years of IE to Chrome. .

geek_project_gundam, Apr 18, 11:14 pm

Here's Sriron same as Chrome but without the built in spyware it has when you install it...

www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron. php

here's Opera too, www.opera.com/download/
you can install as many browsers as you like then try them all before selecting the one you like the best

geek_icioufa, Apr 19, 6:34 am