Gaming computer help please

andrea1978, Apr 23, 10:58pm
Hi what I should be looking for (specs wise) for a gaming computer for WOW etc. The person has a limited budget (max $600) but is happy to upgrade over time as they know they can't get much for that amount of money. Thanks :)

themuss11, Apr 24, 12:05am
you dont need much for WOW id recommend a good asus or gigabyte motherboard with a low end dual core intel or amd, couple gigs of ram and say a 9600gt graphic card. as long as you dont skimp on the mobo you will have upgrading room. best bet is to get what you can second hand off here (at least a 550w quality psu as well maybe $100 2nd hand)

amieward, Apr 24, 12:06am
1. check wow min specs
2. Expect to double the min specs to play many games reasonably.
3. Dont forget that buying a bare bones PC online at $399 wont have a windows license.

Eg I got an AMD x2 3. 0, 2gB ddr3, 8400gs - all ultra budget.
The graphics card is budget because at the most I play BF2/ watch HD.

Minimum system requirements for World of Warcraft

-------------------------------

Minimum System Requirements

Windows® System XP/XP64/Vista/Vista64/7** OS (with the latest Service Packs or updates):

- Intel Pentium 4 1. 3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
- 512 MB or more of RAM (Vista requires 1 GB or more of RAM)
- 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM, such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better
- DirectX® 9. 0c (included) and latest video drivers
- DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability
- 15. 0 GB available HD space
- 4 x CD-ROM drive
- DVD-ROM drive for DVD version (Downloadable Installer also available)
- Broadband Internet connection
- For voice chat, an SSE enabled CPU is required.

** The exact hardware requirements for Windows 7 are still being calculated. Only retail versions of Windows 7 are supported.

daniel.wilkey, Apr 24, 2:50am
First and foremost is your motherboard - you need a good motherboard, once you've sorted that out then you can move on to the rest of the pc i. e. graphics card, ram, power supply etc. Good motherboard brand are Asus and Gigabyte and if you have the xtra cash DFi.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)