advice please. I cant access kiwibank intenet bank

for the last two days. They suggested it is my explorer 8. So i downloaded firefox. Which they suggested. Have emptied my cache cookes and temp files. But still not able to access. web site is working and others can gain access.
Any suggestions apart from change bank that I can try from this end.
Thanks

geek__lady.penelope, Apr 24, 8:05 pm

whats the error? like what is actually happening?

geek_jcmp21, Apr 24, 8:10 pm

After doing the log in pages it juet keeps telling me the site is temp unavailable. only problem is its been like that for two days and no one else is having problems.

geek__lady.penelope, Apr 24, 8:20 pm

it could be an issue wiht your isp... . . how do you connect ? Broadband or dialup ?

geek_drcspy, Apr 24, 8:28 pm

vodem

geek__lady.penelope, Apr 24, 8:31 pm

Im all the yrs ive been using a data card or vodem ive never had a problem.

geek__lady.penelope, Apr 24, 8:32 pm

Make sure you have adobe flash 10 installed for browser.

geek_mr-word, Apr 24, 10:43 pm

Have you tried logging in on another computer using your details. Sounds like it could potentially be a number of reasons, but the kiwibank staff should be able to help you figure out what it is, as it is their system.

geek_mattnzw, Apr 24, 10:57 pm

just leave you username and password with me ill have it all sorted for you once I've safely arrived in Rio

geek_jcmp21, Apr 24, 10:59 pm

is the date on your computer correct?

geek_trial_by_fire, Apr 25, 1:54 am

I think that would be throwing up a certificate error if it was.

geek_jcmp21, Apr 25, 2:58 am

Unusual that Firefox would not work either.
I would also ring Kiwibank again, to make sure that there are no holds on your account in anyway, preventing you from logging in.

geek_linzis, Apr 25, 8:12 am

If you are clicking on a favourite or other stored link to access the bank, try keying the URL address instead, or Google it and if it loads correctly, then save that link as a quick access. I have heard of outdated links affecting just a few people.

geek_smine, Apr 25, 2:55 pm

I had a user with a problem with firefox not loading ANZ Internet banking pages - would login and then as soon as the user tried to view an account or anything it timed out - turned out to be a firefox add-on that was causing the problem, it was a while back but for some reason I think it may have been the skype add-on... might be worth checking

geek_squirrel99, Apr 25, 3:00 pm

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

If you'd like us to investigate this further please contact Kiwibank at service@kiwibank.co.nz and provide your access number, date and the time of day that you attempted to log in.

It would also be useful to know if you have successfully logged into Kiwibank internet banking from another PC.

We should be able to sort out your problem.

Kind Regards,
Dimitri

Kiwibank

geek_kiwibanknz, Apr 26, 8:16 am

LOL btw you just broke the message board rules by posting contact details ;)

geek_little_egypt, Apr 26, 9:39 am

Hey I think its awesome they're (kiwibank) are ofering to help out directly, its not a personal contact email, its a genearic general one for good service! Go kiwibank I say

geek_wilson0011, Apr 26, 10:14 am

Indeed- V. Impressed.

geek_timmo1, Apr 26, 1:04 pm

The system to log on used to be simple- I have tried for ages this morning and ask for it to be returned to the user-friendly one it was -thanks

geek_guest, Oct 28, 10:49 am