Totally relevant computer ACER q.

i have an old acer aspire 3500 that blew its guts. . (wont turn on for more than a minute and also the screen is broken). .
and a second hand 3500.
although my other aspire blew up, i am pretty sure the internal cards (whatever you call them) are better than the ones i have on my second hand one.
now is it possible to take this into the store (both of them) and tell the tech head to export the graphics card, memory and hard drive and put them onto my second hand aspire? . .
is that possible? will that cost me hundreds to get done?

geek_jussa, May 15, 12:38 pm

it is possible and is unlikely to costs "hundreds"
but it depends if the hardware is compatible and depends on if any other problems are encounter during the process.

geek_0800xford, May 15, 12:39 pm

ram and hard drive yes, graphics card no, if they are the same model laptop you can just pull the chips and hdd out and put it straight into the second hand one and it should fire up no probs, easy to do yourself

geek_shrapz, May 15, 12:40 pm

why not graphics card... i cant export/import that?

geek_jussa, May 15, 12:42 pm

Exporting is good. NZ needs to export more!

geek_r.g.nixon, May 15, 12:42 pm

because it's soldered onto the mainboard.

geek_0800xford, May 15, 12:42 pm

i was asking shrapz... 0800saidhewouldnthelp-
meeveragain!

geek_jussa, May 15, 12:44 pm

voted

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=285912

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=288074

geek_0800xford, May 15, 12:45 pm

meh.

geek_jussa, May 15, 12:46 pm

i try to be nice to you, and thankful for all your help. . cant help it if im a loving person. . and u sh! t on me -why because i show an inch of gratitude? . . pfft. . nmind. . anyway. . keep voting me... if it makes u feel better...

ok. . back to the TOPIC. .

so if i needed a new graphics card,
would i have to buy a new one. . since i cant export?

geek_jussa, May 15, 12:48 pm

why are you swearing?

geek_0800xford, May 15, 12:52 pm

sigh*... really wish ud just leave me alone now. .

so anyway... if i needed a new graphics card,
would i have to buy a new one. . since i cant export?

geek_jussa, May 15, 1:16 pm

ud?

geek_0800xford, May 15, 1:23 pm

lol. . now who's being childish;)

geek_jussa, May 15, 1:25 pm

if its a laptop, just forget the word graphics card, most of them cant be upgraded or changed, and if you did it wouldnt be an improvement anyway. cpu, ram, hdd, battery as a spare, dvd/cdrom (if compatible and better)

geek_seriouslycgi, May 15, 1:31 pm

sell your old one for like $100 on trademe someone will be able to fix it, if it runs for even a minute then its fixable.

geek_seriouslycgi, May 15, 1:32 pm

cool thanks for that:)

geek_jussa, May 15, 1:37 pm

compare prices, there are always people looking for parts. or whole systems/machines to fix

geek_seriouslycgi, May 15, 1:40 pm

is the screen cracked or dim? the screen is usually a very expensive part to fix but sometimes it can be a loose cable. id say the fans arent working, maybe full of dust or just worn out, and its shutting down from heat, especially if you used it a lot on the bed.

geek_seriouslycgi, May 15, 1:49 pm

its cracked. .
i left it on for like 3 months straight. . lol. . thats why it overheats. . but i didnt know. the screen had broken so i plugged it up to a monitor. . but when i put my desktop back into monitor i forgot to turn off laptop. . it went unnoticed . . yeah for like 3 months. . lol

geek_jussa, May 15, 2:01 pm