woot woot!...good adsl filters...at lst...aaaaaaah

Woot woot!...good adsl filters...at lst...aaaaaaah ...3 x download speeds. The type that has 4 pins in the telephone bit that slots into the RJ11(telephone wall)socket. It's been 4 years, now, finally. And now I downloaded a file 3 X faster than ever before @ 262Kbps.

geek_olack, May 7, 7:36 pm

Where did you buy them from

geek_jancemord, May 7, 7:41 pm

This is funny...hang on, no its not...I want another filter like it and the Sky TV setup guy installed it with the digital TV! It has no label. Ask at SkyTV technical somewhere...

geek_olack, May 7, 8:41 pm

Btw it is a single adapter filter for a modem... ...cable that accepts the modem connector then the other end of it slots into the RJ11 wall socket. It has 4 metal contacts and all the others I have seen have 2 contacts.

geek_olack, May 7, 8:44 pm

Wall sockets in NZ are generally BT (British Tele com). RJ11 is never used.

geek_spyware, May 7, 10:52 pm

Slow aye man, I get 11965 kbps down. .

geek_spyware, May 7, 10:53 pm

The question is what internet conection? with a 265kdps speed limit like i currently still have the max download rate is 34kb i soon will get 1600kdps as this is what my line is likely maxing out on.

geek_intrade, May 8, 8:13 am

This is max up and down intrade ...woot again all day...I may even woot again tomorrow if this is going to keep up.

geek_olack, May 8, 8:30 pm

HOw exactly are your filters set up? How many do you have and what's connected to each phone socket?

geek_badcam, May 8, 8:46 pm

Hm, thats a long story to tell you... ok, burgular alarm, don't know if it is connected or not, 2 telephone sockets, one with the alarm filter in it with a telephone line filter then the wire less telephone, a router to another wall socket with the most excellent filter the sky chappie left for the sky tv which is doing much much better where it is now, and a seconf wireless wirelessing to the 1st wireless phone.

geek_olack, May 8, 9:29 pm

And the bug alarm is connected to that 1st wall... socket to a filter looking thing. The 4 pins are on the wide telephone plug that goes into the socket. I think it is those 4 pins that are making the difference.

geek_olack, May 8, 9:33 pm

And you didn't get a splitter installed? ?

geek_badcam, May 8, 9:36 pm

It aint my house badman... ...but we did have telcom tech here and he aimed his head at what I wondered what was and he said it looked like a splitter, high on the wall of the house with its cover off...he said the rain would affect it...I said I hope not...he said...lol...anyhow...

geek_olack, May 9, 1:14 am

...wow, getting faster and faster...up to 1200Kbps ..I am up all night and all tomorrow...damn...

geek_olack, May 9, 1:16 am

.... 1216...

geek_olack, May 9, 1:47 am

4.5mbps... http://www.speedtest.net/result/268997577.png

geek_phil_boy, May 9, 6:56 am

Re... i doubt very much that anyone gets over 1000kbps download speed at all UNLESS they have adsl2+.

geek_peepme, May 9, 8:09 am

Re... i just checked my own speed just in case it had gone up,it peeks at 950kbps.Average is about 920

geek_peepme, May 9, 8:27 am

I had 8000 kbps down under ADSL1 since connected 2001. Please don't confuse kBps (kilo BYTES per second) and kbps (kilo bits per second). 1000 kBps = 8000 kbps.

geek_spyware, May 9, 10:24 am

Since adsl routers aren't filtered and only use filter for its inbuilt rj11 to BT adapter maybe you could toss filter and simply buy an rj11 to bt adapter from dick smith.

geek_spyware, May 9, 10:27 am

Or... http://www.speedtest.net/result/269086188.png

geek_olack, May 9, 10:58 am

It is the burgular alram that is upsetting the.. ..connection. It has a splitter, pretty sure, thats what telecom tech guessed. the alarm has a filter and the telephone filter has to be plugged into it. Other setups and the speeds drop alot.

geek_olack, May 9, 11:35 am