Acer Monitors

Anyone own an Acer monitor? Are you happy with it? Is it reliable?

geek_outlaw2, Jul 26, 7:05 pm

no, why, are you looking to buy one or are we settling a bet... ?

geek_0800xford, Jul 26, 8:45 pm

Yep, they're great. . don't have any issues with it... definatley recommend.

geek_alcoholiday, Jul 26, 8:47 pm

Looking to buy, heard good things recently. I'm ex-DSE staff, never liked them and returned tons of them but that was 2+ years ago.

geek_outlaw2, Jul 26, 9:24 pm

i doubt much has changed in 2 years, for what it's worth i wouldn't buy one, just because it's acer.

geek_0800xford, Jul 26, 9:29 pm

I have had an acer for 2 years plus now . . never missed a beat

geek_micky_1, Jul 26, 9:54 pm

In my opinion, Acer monitors are on par with any competitor products in their price range as far as quality is concerned. I haven't found them to fail at a noticably higher rate. However, woe be to the one who has to deal with trying to return an Acer product. The service is bad enough that I generally only sell an Acer if the customer insists on it.

That said... I got a second hand Acer monitor for myself and it is sweet as.

geek_phooney, Jul 26, 10:14 pm

I have a Chimei CMV221D... nice monitor & still good at 2yrs old.

geek_topspdmtrsport, Jul 27, 2:05 pm

phooney... I had drama with an Acer laptop when I bought it, took it back & was given another one... 4 of them were no good but the one I have now is about 6yo & it's been great. The others were a dud batch.

geek_topspdmtrsport, Jul 27, 2:07 pm

My home computer is also Acer & finally died due to a virus; I have just now got it back up & running after fitting a new 2TB HD, bigger power pack & 6GB of ram... it's good now but what a drama.
The new HD is a Seagate & wasnt compatible with Vista so have gone back to XP, the new ram wouldnt run with the existing ram so had to ditch the existing & replace the lot so went from a mere 512 to 6GB, then had to go on the hunt for drivers etc etc... was a bit of a mission but she's a hotrod now!

geek_topspdmtrsport, Jul 27, 2:13 pm

A great deal of what you have said topspdmtrsport makes no sense whatsoever.

geek_gibler, Jul 27, 2:17 pm

It makes perfect sense seeing what has just been done to my computer.

geek_topspdmtrsport, Jul 27, 2:23 pm

PLUS... the original 80GB HD wouldnt run along side the new 2TB drive.

geek_topspdmtrsport, Jul 27, 2:24 pm

dude's hungry a speed for sure...

geek_0800xford, Jul 27, 2:29 pm

They don't sound very experienced at all.

geek_soodanim, Jul 27, 2:30 pm

Huh? ...

geek_topspdmtrsport, Jul 27, 2:31 pm

Well, let's put it this way. What you are explaining doesn't make them sound very experienced.

geek_soodanim, Jul 27, 2:32 pm

That's ok, we all have opinions but they are & i'm happy with the outcome. Did you know that the Seagate 2TB drive wont work with Vista?

geek_topspdmtrsport, Jul 27, 2:33 pm

Bear in mind I went & bought the parts, not them, so they were making what I wanted to have work.

geek_topspdmtrsport, Jul 27, 2:36 pm

2TB cool, you can have defrag parties that last all weekend now

geek_0800xford, Jul 27, 2:42 pm

Don't use Vista... . It's been removed off any computer that runs it.

Don't have a 2 TB HDD so couldn't tell you but it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't work. Why did they say it "wouldn't work? "

geek_soodanim, Jul 27, 2:46 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback. So can anyone recommend a monitor that is a good brand, not bigger than 23" - 24" and has 2x HDMI ports?

geek_outlaw2, Jul 28, 9:14 pm

I just bought a 24 inch DELL for $310, its awesome, and after getting it thought it was actually too BIG! Go figure!

geek_moosie_21, Jul 28, 9:59 pm

simply NO mine only lasted 18months scrabled egg screen DEAD

geek_knickers, Mar 31, 12:40 pm

simply NO mine only lasted 18months scrabled egg screen DEAD

geek_knickers, Apr 1, 12:40 pm

Anyone own an Acer monitor! Are you happy with it! Is it reliable!

geek_outlaw2, Jul 27, 7:05 pm

EDIT: NVM, my monitor is 'ASUS'.

geek_alcoholiday, Jul 27, 8:47 pm

Looking to buy, heard good things recently. I'm ex-DSE staff, never liked them and returned tons of them but that was 2+ years ago.

geek_outlaw2, Jul 27, 9:24 pm

In my opinion, Acer monitors are on par with any competitor products in their price range as far as quality is concerned.I haven't found them to fail at a noticably higher rate.However, woe be to the one who has to deal with trying to return an Acer product.The service is bad enough that I generally only sell an Acer if the customer insists on it.

That said. I got a second hand Acer monitor for myself and it is sweet as.

geek_phooney, Jul 27, 10:14 pm

A great deal of what you have said topspdmtrsport makes no sense whatsoever.

geek_gibler, Jul 28, 2:17 pm

They don't sound very experienced at all.

geek_soodanim, Jul 28, 2:30 pm

Well, let's put it this way.What you are explaining doesn't make them sound very experienced.

geek_soodanim, Jul 28, 2:32 pm

Don't use Vista.It's been removed off any computer that runs it.

Don't have a 2 TB HDD so couldn't tell you but it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't work. Why did they say it "wouldn't work!"

geek_soodanim, Jul 28, 2:46 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback. So can anyone recommend a monitor that is a good brand, not bigger than 23" - 24" and has 2x HDMI ports!

geek_outlaw2, Jul 29, 9:14 pm

I just bought a 24 inch DELL for $310, its awesome, and after getting it thought it was actually too BIG! Go figure!

geek_moosie_21, Jul 29, 9:59 pm