Microsoft Excel 2010 - sorting with header rows

Am trying to sort a large Excel document which, in my previous version of Excel, had 2 header rows. The new version seems to allow only 1. Can anyone help me with this? Have downloaded the 2003 vs 2010 ribbon converter but still cannot resolve this. Appreciate any input. arthur-dailey's wife

geek_arthur-dailey, Aug 11, 11:03 am

I don't have Excel, but you don't need to have header rows selected to do a sort.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 11, 11:10 am

Sorry, but how did you think this comment would be useful? Perhaps an actual user of Excel 2007 or 2010 could respond to my query. TIA.

geek_arthur-dailey, Aug 11, 11:17 am

I think what rgn is suggesting is to exclude the header rows from your selection before you sort?

geek_radiowaves, Aug 11, 11:33 am

Yes.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 11, 11:38 am

Perhaps #1 can go about explaining the question again

geek_d.laidlaw, Aug 11, 12:10 pm

The question is quite simple. In Excel up through the 2007 version you could sort, without selecting specific cells, an entire sheet and have more than 1 header row. Version 2010 does not seem to allow that. Is there any way to do a sort with multiple header rows without specifying a range.

geek_dsjones15, Apr 29, 6:24 am

I have the same problem. I was hoping there was an answer. Numbers, here I come!

geek_frustrated, Nov 9, 9:16 am

#2 and #4 have answered the question, though obliquely.

The only way to do such a sort is to select your data without selecting the header rows. So if you have 2 header rows, start your selection with Cell A3, not A1 (and not the much more convenient whole sheet). You can then right click on the selection and choose "Sort". Of course, you will have to clear the "My data has headers" box, and select the appropriate columns by their letter designations.

geek_geek_patient, Nov 22, 11:09 am

I not to mention my guys have aladery been digesting the brilliant points from your web site then unexpectedly got a horrible suspicion I had not thanked you for those secrets. My guys became for this reason excited to see all of them and have in actuality been making the most of those things. I appreciate you for indeed being quite helpful and for making a choice on this kind of fantastic themes millions of individuals are really wanting to know about. My very own sincere regret for not expressing gratitude to you sooner.

geek_guest, Aug 4, 7:08 am

/ I'm surprised you hadn't done that berfoe now! Training family to respect your writing time will be a hard task, but definitely worth it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

geek_guest, Aug 7, 1:46 pm

Wow.

geek_guest, Oct 14, 1:40 pm