Thank god for torrents

pcmaster, Aug 24, 12:54pm
its handy to be able to download iso copies of things you own when your cd drive goes mental and wont read original cds anymore

and the morons who run the country want to stop us downloading things.

drcspy, Aug 24, 7:44pm
dunno bout torrents but along the lines of what you said all my operating system copies are iso's (and a lot of other stuff) and I just open em using a virtual drive anyway (zero wear'n'tear eh)

little_egypt, Aug 24, 7:47pm
If you want a backup you should buy another copy... -- MPAA

Yeah, right!

"There has grown up in the minds of certain groups in this country the notion that because a man or corporation has made a profit out of the public for a number of years, the government and the courts are charged with the duty of guaranteeing such profit in the future, even in the face of changing circumstances and contrary public interest.This strange doctrine is not supported by statute or common law.Neither individuals nor corporations have any right to come into court and ask that the clock of history be stopped, or turned back, for their private benefit."-- Robert Heinlein, Life-line (1939)

swivel, Aug 24, 8:28pm
All my OS are iso from Torrents, Great for fixing PC's, and when the disk is scratched, just burn another. Also saves your originals

mone, Aug 24, 9:44pm
They make millions in selling you games in discs that are fragile and easily scratched.Imagine if you bought milk in containers that easily break, and when you try and get free milk they charge you for piracy.The big companies need to make backup games available for downloads or in ISO copy, as long as you have a serial number or original disc.But no, there is NO possible way of getting the game that you paid for again, if your cd is scratched (by their console even)

swivel, Aug 24, 9:48pm
For my Games.I install them and then go looking for the No-CD. This saves my disks

johnlyn, Aug 24, 9:50pm
Just buy a new CD Drive then

vtecintegra, Aug 24, 11:49pm
Optical media is not particularly fragile though.I have a pile of pre-Steam games sitting on my desk and all of them still work despite having minor scratches.

badcam, Aug 25, 12:22am

pcmaster, Aug 25, 3:10am
got the cash to donate?
didn't think so.

I'm always running short of cd drives, plus all my spare gear happens to be about 2 hours drive away.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)